Microsoft "Up-Voting" Positive Comments on Reddit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spooderman

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
Who gives a dead moose's last shit? I love Microsoft for all they've done for us, but they're digging their own grave with the Xbox One.

hrhuffnpuff

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012
Well they cancelled there post-E3 interviews, I wonder what else is going on at corp. HQ. Tragedy, after recent news, It seems to be PC, PS4 (and 3) and WiiU for my gaming as of now and the future.

Soda-88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
If you let reddit decide for you what piece of tech to buy, then you deserve to get empty box in the mail regardless of the product it is that you're buying.

stevejnb

Honorable
May 6, 2013
While this is certainly a sketchy practice at best, I have trouble getting outraged over it/ect ect over this after hearing dozens of cases of it from a dozen companies over the past few years, and those are only the ones we know about. Small potatos at worst.

Vyrisus

Honorable
May 31, 2013
Well now let's see, If the XBox One didn't have such terrible design ideas, they wouldn't need to do so much damage control in the first place.

Vyrisus

Honorable
May 31, 2013
Well now let's see, If the XBox One didn't have such terrible design ideas, they wouldn't need to do so much damage control in the first place.

Vyrisus

Honorable
May 31, 2013

t0p5ecret

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2006
So someone who says they work for someone that works for Microsoft said they saw someone on Reddit but aren't sure what they were doing...how the hell is this even news?

unimatrixzero

Honorable
Oct 13, 2012
Reputation managers? LOL, nice title. This doesn't surprise me one bit about Microsoft, especially after their failed Microsoft Surface RT.

unimatrixzero

Honorable
Oct 13, 2012
Reputation managers? LOL, nice title. This doesn't surprise me one bit about Microsoft, especially after their failed Microsoft Surface RT.

Chairman Ray

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
I personally don't mind this. If someone's opinion is swayed by how many upvotes or downvotes the product has, then it's just changing one uneducated opinion to another. I don't really care if it's in favor of Microsoft or against it.

tobalaz

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
You know MS aint the first to do something like this and probably aint going to be the last.
Its all about viral marketing.
But you gotta admit, how lame is it when these people get asked what their jobs are and respond "Spamming MS propaganda across the internet and trolling the haters."

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
They need all the help they can get. NEDM can't save face at this point. Stupid name, horrible design, and endless assault on the gaming aspect of the machine. It's like WebTV all over again.

lazykoala

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
It's beyond believable, it's true. Everyone major company does this to some degree, but you know Msoft is gonna be out in force with this due to all the hate the XB1 is getting and the ridiculously terrible news they just announced about screwing over consumers with the 24 hour thing, sharing a game once, etc... The only question now is whether the XB1 or the WiiU will be a bigger flop and with Nintendo announcing some popular titles like smash bros soon, Msoft could be screwed. Sony is just chillin' laughing at all the XB1 hate.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
not any better than a company paying a website to post a positive article. most of these companies are co-owned by the parent companies, and are basically required to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.