Microsoft Visual C++ Error

chicken896

Reputable
May 24, 2014
Hi, I've been having problems when downloading the League of Legends launcher recently. Each time I try to download Microsoft Visual C++ 2005, it says "Error 1935.An error occurred during the installation of assembly". I'm using Windows 8.1 currently. Anyone knows how to fix that?

Solution
Something went pretty wrong there if you can't even run the system file checker...

Take another try at this.
From your Windows' control panel, use the installed programs list to delete the VC++ AND .NET versions you already have, if any, starting by the most recent.
Once you're done, reboot, then look up for and download the latest revisions of those two libraries, then install them and reboot again.
Try running the game and, only if it doesn't work, install the 2005 package.

Otherwise, at this point, I actually suggest you start from scratch. Backup anything you can't afford to lose and try running a system repair through the OS disc. If it doesn't work, reinstall it.
Not being able to run the SFC isn't a good sign...

Vynavill

Honorable
Well, the only other reason I know for that issue to pop up is when a previous VC++ installation has gone bad or when something happened to the already installed files. I'd take these steps, if it happened to me:

- Try running the 2005 installer in safe mode and see if the issue still occurs.
- If it fails, look up for more information in the event viewer and understand if anyrhing can be done with that information (maybe it lacks some dependencies, such as .NET Framework files/installations)
- If it fails, open a command prompt and run "sfc /scannow" (without quotes). Try installing it again once it's done
- If it fails, get a list of the currently installed programs from the control panel or an external utility (CCleaner for example). Delete all VC++ versions already installed, use CCleaner to clean the registry of any leftovers and reinstall them all back.

chicken896

Reputable
May 24, 2014
1- I tried running it in safe mode and it says "Cannot be installed in safe mode"
2- I tried installing .net Framework from Windows update and it didn't work. It says "Error 57"
3- When I run sfc /scannow, it says "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repaire service"
4- Each time I try to open CCleaner, it says "CCleaner has stopped working".

It's really weird that I have so many problems with this PC, I built it recently.

Vynavill

Honorable
Something went pretty wrong there if you can't even run the system file checker...

Take another try at this.
From your Windows' control panel, use the installed programs list to delete the VC++ AND .NET versions you already have, if any, starting by the most recent.
Once you're done, reboot, then look up for and download the latest revisions of those two libraries, then install them and reboot again.
Try running the game and, only if it doesn't work, install the 2005 package.

Otherwise, at this point, I actually suggest you start from scratch. Backup anything you can't afford to lose and try running a system repair through the OS disc. If it doesn't work, reinstall it.
Not being able to run the SFC isn't a good sign...

Solution