Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

buddy37

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
I can not burn an audio cd in Musicmatch Jukebox 10> I can burn ok with Roxio. I can Play an audio cd with Musicmatch, I can play froma playlist, I can rip an audio cd to my hard drive When I try to burn it gives me the message. Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime error.Program :c\Program Files\Musicmatch\Musicmatch Jukebox\mmjbburn.exe.Abnormal program termination Please contact the application's suooort team for more information

Bob167

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009
I am having the same problem as buddy37.

Sometime after late March 2009, MusicMatch Jukebox version10.00.4040 started encountering a problem burning CDs. The program worked perfectly fine prior to this date. No additional programs were installed. The following error message was displayed:

Runtime Error!
Program :C:\Program Files\Musicmatch\Musicmatch Jukebox\mmjbburn.exe.
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

After this error is encountered other portions of the program become non-functional also, displaying the following error message:

Runtime Error!
Program :C:\Program Files\Musicmatch\Musicmatch Jukebox\mmjb.exe.
abnormal program termination

I have searched the Web and found others are encountering the same problem with MusicMatch Jukebox. There have been no solutions posted that resolve this problem.
It appears that the problem started after one or more Microsoft automatic updates were installed on my computer.
What can we do to resolve this issue?

Bob167

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009
Resolution to MusicMatch Jukebox Runtime Errors

Runtime Error!
Program: C:\Program Files\Musicmatch\Musicmatch Jukebox\mmjbburn.exe.
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.
&
Runtime Error!
Program: C:\Program Files\Musicmatch\Musicmatch Jukebox\mmjb.exe.
abnormal program termination.

I believe the errors are related to a caching problem during the CD burning process. There must have been some hidden files installed from the Windows Automatic Updates sometime between late March, 2009 and May, 21, 2009.

Copy your Music Library, Playlists, MusicMatch Jukebox Plus Key, any extra Frames you may have downloaded for the Print CD Label / Jewel Case feature and the MusicMatch CD Labeler Folder (if you have this program) to safe folders that will not be uninstalled when you uninstall MusicMatch.

Uninstall MusicMatch. Do not uninstall the MusicMatch CD Labeler folder. I used a free to try program called Total Uninstall 5.4.1. You can get this program at
Total Uninstall - Free software downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com or
http://download.cnet.com/Total-Uninstall/3000-2096_4-10411866.html

Download and install MusicMatch Jukebox 10.00.2058. You can download this version for free at
Old Version of MusicMatch Jukebox Download or
http://www.oldapps.com/musicmatch.php

Run the MusicMatch application to see if the errors are gone. Use the test mode rather than the write mode to check the CD burning process to avoid wasting CDs.

Install all High Priority Microsoft Windows Updates for your computer. Do not install Windows Internet Explorer 8 at this time.

Run the MusicMatch application to see if the errors are still gone.

If everything is still OK, install Windows Internet Explorer 8 and Windows Media Player 11 if you want. Both worked for me. Keep checking MusicMatch after each change you make.

MusicMatch Jukebox 10.00.2058 is the only version that worked for me. I tried to install version 10.00.4033 and 10.00.4040 and both of these versions produced the runtime errors again.

I hope this resolves your problem.