Microsoft Vomits New Internet Explorer 8 TV Spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geibys

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
They're trying to hard now, i was fine with the I'm a PC ads but this? do they even really need to advertise their browser, i mean it does come with every copy of windows across the globe (excluding EU)

But this ad seems like the work of a marketing exec who was up all night with the deadline the next morning couldn't figure out what to do until his kid pukes on his laptop and then he said I GOT IT!!!!!

And just a side note this so called ad made me want to use IE8 even less. Thanks for that Microsoft money well spent!

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
[citation][nom]icepick314[/nom]is that for real?it looks like it's from Onion.com...[/citation]
I agree. If not for the actor who use to play Superman I'd thought this who thing was fake!

aggrazel

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2009
Seriously? Its like the scene near the end of Monty Python's meaning of life. Or maybe that scene in Stand By Me... two movies I can't watch for all the vomiting. Over the top. Seriously.

G

I'm feeling sick to my stomach...

Anyone at Microsoft even watched this? I think it's time for a new ad department/contract with whomever they hire to do their ads.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]Kingdutch[/nom]I'm feeling sick to my stomach...Anyone at Microsoft even watched this? I think it's time for a new ad department/contract with whomever they hire to do their ads.[/citation]

That's what I don't get. They have a huge ass marketing company to do these ads for them. How many people working the MS account had to see this before they signed off on the idea and actually brought it to Microsoft? Tools.

MotionMan

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2006
Now that's what I call accuracy in advertising. IE 8 makes me want to puke as well.

Gotta say I'd rather not watch people barfing if I'm watching TV while eating.

G

I prefer Linux' (lack of) advertising vs. any of the stuff Microsoft has come up with, ever... When you have a monopoly, you don't have to advertise... It's not like your average person who buys retail PCs even has the option of boycotting MS. You can't even buy a laptop without an OS, they have to purchase a Windows license and bundle it with the laptop, they can't just take your word that you're installing Linux, because you might be installing pirated Windows... Guilty until Microsoft gets paid anyways...

sublifer

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
[citation][nom]etichi[/nom]@DT12 sorry but bodily function jokes are limited in humor, unless you are 12.[/citation]
Maybe their target audience is 12 yr olds?
I think I'll ban/boycott ie8 just on principal now. Where do we go to sign up for an EU style petition to remove the browser from Win7?

Status
Not open for further replies.