Microsoft Walks Away From Yahoo Acquisition - Google Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Man

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2008
I can't believe they're making this out to be a bad thing. I for one like competition, and think that Yahoo! can pull out of this happier in the end, but only if they stop making the mistakes they've been making in the past.

nachowarrior

Distinguished
May 28, 2007
lawsuits? from shareholders? Unless you have a MASSIVE amount of stocks in yahoo, you have no reason to be ticked... and even then when you put your money into a company, you leave it to them to make the decisions... unless you own 51% or more, shut up and quit whining. really... if you don't like it, invest elsewhere. That's just how it works. Idiots.
Having said that. If you invest 10k in yahoo, you're only gaining a minute percentage for someone else to take over the company and DESTROY the company you invested in. Honestly... IMO, yahoo is PROTECTING the stock holders. These are industry professionals, and I think they did the right thing both ethically and economically. I honestly thought about investing in ms after they announced they wanted yahoo so i could reap the benifits after they gave up and the investors came back. I knew they'd never get yahoo, especially with Googles unseen hand working in the background.

ANYWAY. If you're an investor, and try a lawsuit... Don't bother... you're wasting your money on your bad lawyer.

perzy

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2007
It's pretty clear that microsoft has lost it's brilliant founders buisness touch. Although ruthless against the competition, Bill Gates is the reason they became #1. Who said that blondes are dumb?

spiralsun1

Distinguished
May 26, 2006
Yahoo and Microsoft would have been a great combination, and could have challenged Google. Google is a monster. A great big special-interest Jewish monster which has led the way in internet censorship of sites they did not like. Read California State University professor Kevin MacDonald's book "The Culture of Critique: An Evolutionary Analysis of Jewish Involvement in Twentieth-Century Intellectual and Political Movements" (Paperback) to understand just why we should be worried about this. Probably the most important book of the century and Google, the most important piece on the board in the Jewish strategy to control the minds and politics of America. Microsoft and Yahoo did not lose here, we did. All of us.

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
@spiralsun1: I seriously doubt it. I think, and Mike Corley would agree with me, that this merger was obviously an attempt to increase the surveillance capabilities of MI-5.

johnbilicki

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2006
I'm not even going to bother reading the article, Google did not win, Yahoo won. As a professional Web Designer and Developer consumers also won. Three choices always beats two unless you're talking about politics, then your only choice is the fourth person still running out of the "allowed official three".

@nachowarrior: if I invest $10K in Yahoo shares, and Ballmer offers to give me $16K for those shares, I say THANK YOU and accept. If then the CEO of Yahoo comes in and says no you can't have that $6K gift from Ballmer because then Yahoo would be destroyed and I would be out of a nice CEO job, I say I DON'T CARE. Gee, no wonder Yahoo shareholders are suing Yahoo's board. Yahoo's board put their own interests above those of the shareholders, which is illegal, by the way, not just bad for the company.

G

Three always beat 2? ALWAYS? What if the 2 of them are beaten down and are getting beat by the third. Ever hear of economies of scale? I'm not saying this is the case hear but to make such an absolute statement shows you have no business sense whatsoever.

As for the owners of the company (this would be the stockholders), they have the right to demand how Yang, et.al would generate equivalent value for the owners of the company - based on their abysmal performance recently I don;t see this happening - keep in mind the stock was around $19-20, when the offer was made.

'If you're an investor, and try a lawsuit... Don't bother... you're wasting your money on your bad lawyer.'

These types of lawsuits are done on contingency, meaning no out of pocket expenses for the plaintiffs - please stop spouting misinformation/bad conclusions.

Finally keep in mind Yang could have kept this company PRIVATE, but instead chose to cash in and make millions by taking the company public and selling the majority of it to stockholders. The day he took the company public, he put his decision making (or lack thereof) under scrutiny by the board and by the stockholders. He chose to do this for millions - now he has to live with the consequences... I hope he is removed in short order for lack of fudiciary responsibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.