News Microsoft will axe the Paint 3D app soon — will be removed from the Microsoft Store in November, cementing classic Windows Paint's revival

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezst036

Honorable
Oct 5, 2018
This is not a bad decision. Supporting two applications of generally the same type was a bad choice. Since Paint has inherited many of the new features, Paint 3d had no reason to exist. Has no reason to exist.

Any remaining features from Paint 3d can be assumed by Paint. Easy peasy.

MacZ24

Proper
Mar 17, 2024
Moats are great for investors, as they defend the value of the company. But it removes a very important market signal for said company.

Now Microsoft doesn't seem to understand what is an operating system anymore because it has so many clients and so many use cases, and the people using Windows can't jump overboard easily. Thet have no clue if what they are doing is right or wrong, useful or useless.

They just add stuff, especially of the latest trend/fad (be it tiles, 3d or lately AI) and copy whatever they think will sell (mobile phones, Apple...). Or course, since a large part of its users are not very bright and can't be trusted, all this software is half assed and become rapidly useless (because those who really need it will invest in non-half assed, pro or semi-pro versions).

So I expect the slow degradation of Windows to continue unabatted.

Paint 3D is just another mark on the way to complete crappitude.

Rabohinf

Prominent
May 4, 2023
This is not a bad decision. Supporting two applications of generally the same type was a bad choice. Since Paint has inherited many of the new features, Paint 3d had no reason to exist. Has no reason to exist.

Any remaining features from Paint 3d can be assumed by Paint. Easy peasy.
Introducing 3D, rather than upgrading and updating Paint, was the bad decision I referred to. Bad decisions at Microsoft did not begin or end there.

Reactions: ThomasKinsley

JRStern

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2017
3D has always had a truly poor interface, IMHO and very skimpy on features.
So hey, just as soon as I can manage Windows 11, what a treat the new Paint should be.

Reactions: ThomasKinsley

ThomasKinsley

Prominent
Oct 4, 2023
I tried to like it when it first came out. The controls were clunky and movement imprecise. Glad to see Microsoft deprecate the right Paint this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.