Microsoft WINDOWS 10 HOME 32 BIT/64 BIT (ESD) ELECTRONIC LICENSE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random_tech

Honorable
Aug 24, 2015
is the Microsoft WINDOWS 10 HOME 32 BIT/64 BIT (ESD) ELECTRONIC LICENSE, the same as the windows 10 home retail box/licence.
so is it like the OEM where once you have put it on a pc, that is it (licenced to that computer, and can't be transfered to another machine). or is it like the retail, where you can move it from PC to PC

Solution
I see you argument, but you have to consider that the "general" EULA includes that other EULAs and/or EULA-components are by extension part of the original document's terms and conditions. Regarding what the OP said, however, this is Microsoft's position:

Code:
4.      Transfer. The provisions of this section do not apply if you acquired the software as a consumer in Germany or in any of the countries listed on this site (aka.ms/transfer), in which case any transfer of the software to a third party, and the right to use it, must comply with applicable law.

a.      Software preinstalled on device. If you acquired the software preinstalled on a device (and also if you upgraded from software preinstalled on a device), you may transfer the...

itmoba

Reputable
Aug 14, 2015
It is the same license for its respective product -- it's not much more complicated than that. The terms of the license may vary from product to product, so consult the EULA before installing or purchasing.

orlbuckeye

Distinguished
Well Microsoft hasn't been clear with this but Windows 10 stores hardware hash codes on the MS Servers. But they also said that Windows 10 retains the OEM or Retail that the OS you upgraded from was. So that one I have yet to see a definite answer based on OEM or Retail.

itmoba

Reputable
Aug 14, 2015

Perhaps you're misconstruing my message. What I am saying is that the EULA between products, like, Microsoft Windows 10 Home and Microsoft Windows 10 Pro differ; likewise, the same can be said about Microsoft Windows OEM versions and Microsoft Windows Retail versions.

orlbuckeye

Distinguished
No i understand but this article says it's different in Windows 10.

Taken from the article. Where it says EULA which in the past was a separate document per Pro and Home and/or OEM and retail has changed to one EULA that applies to all versions.

Instead of publishing separate agreements for each edition (Home and Pro) and each distribution channel (OEM and retail), the Windows 10 license agreement is a single document that applies to all editions, with the only changes being variations in the "Limited Warranty" section at the end of the document.

itmoba

Reputable
Aug 14, 2015
I see you argument, but you have to consider that the "general" EULA includes that other EULAs and/or EULA-components are by extension part of the original document's terms and conditions. Regarding what the OP said, however, this is Microsoft's position:

Code:
4.      Transfer. The provisions of this section do not apply if you acquired the software as a consumer in Germany or in any of the countries listed on this site (aka.ms/transfer), in which case any transfer of the software to a third party, and the right to use it, must comply with applicable law.

a.      Software preinstalled on device. If you acquired the software preinstalled on a device (and also if you upgraded from software preinstalled on a device), you may transfer the license to use the software directly to another user, only with the licensed device. The transfer must include the software and, if provided with the device, an authentic Windows label including the product key. Before any permitted transfer, the other party must agree that this agreement applies to the transfer and use of the software.

b.      Stand-alone software. If you acquired the software as stand-alone software (and also if you upgraded from software you acquired as stand-alone software), you may transfer the software to another device that belongs to you. You may also transfer the software to a device owned by someone else if (i) you are the first licensed user of the software and (ii) the new user agrees to the terms of this agreement. You may use the backup copy we allow you to make or the media that the software came on to transfer the software. Every time you transfer the software to a new device, you must remove the software from the prior device. You may not transfer the software to share licenses between devices.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.