Microsoft Word and Windows 11 - Bug

Apparently using Microsoft Word with certain newer discrete GPUs in Windows 11 causes a screen glitch where the words on the line you are typing disappear and/or get displayed in a place other than where you are typing and/or display on top of other words. It's very annoying and doesn't show up when a screenshot is taken and returns to normal once you click or type some more.

Not only that but the tabbing is so off that it is ridiculous. It has a mind of its own and doesn't do as it is told. It's a shame that having used Microsoft Office products for 20 years, I'm working on my capstone project for my bachelor's degree and have to switch to Open Office to complete a 7+ page document because Microsoft just can't get their stuff together enough to keep from glitching to the point of being non-usable.

It's not just Word either. It happens in Notepad also. Other things like file explorer not working properly when using the right-click options menu to open with. The snipping tool not popping up the snippet that was just taken. And the list goes on.

It happened after I installed a new RX 6950 XT; however, reports of the same glitches occur even in new RTX 3000 series GPUs also.

Installing and using Open Office has zero issues. It's the principle of the matter that I'm frustrated with.

At this point it's not even a question seeking resolution. I've reinstalled Windows and updated drivers. I'm just letting the internet know the frustration involved in today's technology. It also reinforces my argument that no CPU or GPU used in the home should cost an absurd amount of money; especially when it causes so many problems, glitches, and bugs. I can't bring myself to build another multi-thousand dollar computer when the operating system everyone loves has so many glitches and bugs. That's simply not worth the money to me.

External thread on the topic of Microsoft Word and One Note glitching - https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/idea/5c3e818d-408d-ed11-a81b-000d3ae32cd0

Example of the Word glitch below. It appears that the same line is typed twice; however, that is not the case. It just shows you the same line twice instead of what is actually typed.

Colif

Win 11 Master
It's very annoying and doesn't show up when a screenshot is taken and returns to normal once you click or type some more.
i think if they not showing on screenshots, it means they not being rendered. The GPU isn't creating the problem, or it would show on the screenshots.

have you tried a different monitor cable?

I have a 7900XT, can't say I seen that bug before.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrN1ce9uy