Question Microsoft Word Keeps Freezing

Windows22

Prominent
Dec 30, 2020
My Mac Mini downloaded Microsoft Word years ago and recently it starts freezing and I use force-quit on the application. The recovered work from what I did not save works fine but from what I can tell, this issue occurs during hours of inactivity. I would like to know what can cause this and what diagnostics I can run to detect the problem.

Lutfij

Titan
A corrupt installation or a glitch with the app on a Mac environment. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app? As for app, mind sharing which version of Microsoft's Word you're on and where you sourced the app from?

Windows22

Prominent
Dec 30, 2020
A corrupt installation or a glitch with the app on a Mac environment. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app? As for app, mind sharing which version of Microsoft's Word you're on and where you sourced the app from?
Forgot to put that in there. The version is 16.58. It has been that version for a year now and the glitches have been happening for almost a week. I have tried to reinstall but while the freezing is not frequent, there is not else I can do beyond force quitting.