Microsoft's Chief Software Architect Quits

Status
Not open for further replies.

brando56894

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2009
[citation][nom]EXT64[/nom]I agree. My first thoughts after reading the title were "what made him mad?" and "where is he going?". Retires negates both of those.[/citation]

Agreed, I was hoping to see him leaving for either Apple (I dont really like them either, but theyre better than MS. Its a lesser of two evils kind of thing.) or Google, just to spite MS.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
The title has been amended, but honestly, I'm reluctant to use the word 'retires' as Microsoft has said his plans for the future are not yet known and he's not leaving the company. Once he's done helping teams transition, he's going to be working in the entertainment division. Still, I understand that for some people (not me, hence why I think it was perfectly okay) the word 'quit' carries certain connotations that imply the employee must have been unhappy. The title has been changed to reflect this.

Gin Fushicho

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
I think they need to get a new Chief Software Architect. I want to see something new in Microsoft's OS. Stop building it on old 16-bit based software. And build it around an EFI.

G

He will be having fun building his DOS programs again, after fully retiring from MS in a few years...

sudeshc

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2009
This guy is amazing he got MS going in cloud and has done tremendously amazing work throughout his career..........
I don't think MS has anyone to truly replace him.

g00ey

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
[citation][nom]falchard[/nom]Now he is going to be replaced with someone who does not know the difference between a 0 and a 1.[/citation]
Or by someone who doesn't know the difference between RAM and a hard drive ...

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]Gin Fushicho[/nom]I think they need to get a new Chief Software Architect. I want to see something new in Microsoft's OS. Stop building it on old 16-bit based software. And build it around an EFI.[/citation]
Wow, why didn't anyone else think of that?
I think you should be given the job, it's clear you have a deep insight into the technological requirements of the job.

IncinX

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2006
[citation][nom]falchard[/nom]Now he is going to be replaced with someone who does not know the difference between a 0 and a 1.[/citation]

There's a difference between a 0 and a 1? I thought they were the same number!

NapoleonDK

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
I could have sworn this news article said "Master Chief Software Architect Dies"...Seriously. I clicked on the article and spent 2 seconds of my life thinking about how Halo wouldn't be the same without Master Chief... >.<

I guess I shouldn't have stayed up playing Reach last night. XD

tu_illegalamigo

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2010
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Wow, why didn't anyone else think of that?I think you should be given the job, it's clear you have a deep insight into the technological requirements of the job.[/citation]

Perhaps he does. He`s definitely correct though, legacy does not belong in the mainstream.

agnickolov

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
[citation][nom]Gin Fushicho[/nom]I think they need to get a new Chief Software Architect. I want to see something new in Microsoft's OS. Stop building it on old 16-bit based software. And build it around an EFI.[/citation]
You certainly have little understanding of software architecture... Most likely they are retiring the position because it's no longer needed. At any rate you are interested in a Chef Windows Architect here.

Status
Not open for further replies.