News Microsoft's Firings Indicate It Has Abandoned XR Ambitions

adamXpeter

Prominent
Jun 19, 2022
They should retain the workforce for testing, so in the future not the users will face first what the latest Tuesday fix destroys. Including rarely used features like Start menu, Printing, Active Directory, ...

Jan 22, 2023
"Are we witnessing another Windows Phone moment for Microsoft, a strategic withdrawal signaling it has lost too much ground to competitors to have the heart to compete?"

I guess my question as a infrequent visitor to this realm is... "compete with what?"
Zuck is still sucking wind and wasting billions on something he picked as his company's next pivot, seemingly mainly just to change the topic around the atrocious impact on society that Whatsapp and Facebook were (are) having.

Reactions: bit_user

tamalero

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
Companies in a nutshell in the last decade:

1. "Let's fire random people and force other people to work even harder. Let's transfer all the savings and benefits to higher ups!.. f.. the workers"... workers start to attack back... "Damn, our employees are so lazy and are a bunch of communists now, let's use every single thing we can to punish them!"
  2. Oh, a random dude from an investor analyst company says that business are slowing down? All companies then be like " Let's start mass firing, so we can do a self professed prophesy and causing the slow down by making people lose their jobs, and then they be unable to buy our products!"
  3. "Let's use CRYPTO to everything, who cares if its unstable, unproven, a risk, and full of scammers.." later.. "how did we lose so much money in crypto?... let's fire tons of people because we the guys in charge are totally not at fault of our decisions"
  4. "Who cares what the people want, let's shove things noone want while raising prices to everything. WERE GENIOUS" later.. "why noone is buying our products? Our ideas were flawless! welp, time to fire more employees for our stupidity"

Reactions: bit_user

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
I hope Kinect is still going to be maintained. Kinect Azure had the best 3D captures I'd seen from a single camera!

It's really a shame about Hololens. I had high hopes for its future.

TRENDING THREADS