Microsoft's 'Intune For Education' Battles With Chromebooks

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

They have Minecraft in schools? No wonder young people are so uneducated these days. Enough messing around with tablets and laptops, kids only play on those, they learn nothing.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Parents and schools will never buy Microsoft products for their student's work anyway. It's too productive an OS. Apple and Chrome are toys which goes well with children. I know when I was in school, they bought all Apple Products. I didn't learn to use a computer until I switched to a charter school.

MantusWSH

Commendable
Feb 9, 2017
As a tech director in a Washington State Public School district, this excites me quite a bit. Minecraft can be a valuable learning platform. My computer science teacher is looking forward to integrating it in her classroom. Last year a sophomore who achieved a high MS Office certification got a job helping to train employees in a local business how to us MS Office. Some public schools are doing their part. We have Chromebooks too which do fill the gaps in having a device to do research and basic word processing, and once Android for ChromeOS comes out will have full access to the Office suite of programs. Therefore our students will learn to work with multiple platforms.

Status
Not open for further replies.