Microsofts recall on xbox power cords

Ok after reading several post.

i orderd the cord. got it. its huge...
it works i guess?

Now i hear this doesnt fix the problem. Only keeps the unit
from burning down your house.

I signed a petition online in this post.
What i want is xbox/microsoft to exchange or fix my xbox.

Mike

Splendid

"lpage" <lpage@mail.ev1.net> wrote in message news:42411133.29c.41@news2...
> Ok after reading several post.
>
> i orderd the cord. got it. its huge...
> it works i guess?
>
> Now i hear this doesnt fix the problem. Only keeps the unit
> from burning down your house.
>
> I signed a petition online in this post.
> What i want is xbox/microsoft to exchange or fix my xbox.

Is your xbox broken?

Knock on wood my three year old xbox still works fine.

i just dont like microsoft lying to use about the power cord
recall.
They should have offered to service the unit free of
charge.

From what i have learned the box is still broken and can
still break--(solder on power) causing box to not work.

this is a bad thing and may change my view of xbox vs
playstation.

> Ok after reading several post.
>
> i orderd the cord. got it. its huge...
> it works i guess?
>
> Now i hear this doesnt fix the problem. Only keeps the
> unit from burning down your house.
>
> I signed a petition online in this post.
> What i want is xbox/microsoft to exchange or fix my xbox.

Cs

> From what i have learned the box is still broken and can
> still break--(solder on power) causing box to not work.

Are you saying the this issue causes the solder on the power switch to crack
or what. If it is as simple as that I will take apart my box and resolder
it.