Microsoft's Windows 10 Creators Update Arrives April 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

e_SonOfAnder

Reputable
Jan 20, 2017
Would have been nice to see an updated Windows Movie Maker find its way back in to Windows 10 with this update given the feature focus and update name.

G

Same garbage, MS just shuffled things around and as far as game mode goes doesn't bring any improvements...just a gimmick since DX12 didn't live up to hype.

G

Movie Maker won't happen because it is too complicated for garbage called UWP.

DX12 does have performance potential, it just needs to be taken advantage of by drivers and game devs. Look at NVidia. A pretty decent boost in DX12 games from a driver update.

That said, no one thought DX12 was going to bring an insane boost. At least not normal people.

UWP has nothing to do with it. It probably has to do with cost of producing it vs return or even monopoly issues. Microsoft did get fined to hell and sued for including basic use apps before.

techy1966

Reputable
Jul 31, 2015

Yea pretty much what he just said here. MS has tried in the past to include basic things in Windows only to have the EU sue or fine them for doing it because it was considered an unfair advantage because MS also made the OS. I always said well if these third parties feel that way then maybe they should invent their own OS if they don't like the way things are done. But I degrees it got to the point MS just started cutting stuff out of Windows so they would not have to deal with our new cry baby world that we have now. The only ones that pay is us the consumers because we get less of a feature set. But I am sure most everything is on the Windows store since that is one way MS can get those features back into Windows without the cry baby's whining.

There is also a tool to update to the creators update now.

And paint 3d doesnt even install. So you cant use it, even if you wanted to. Looks like this happened in the preview it also happens in the RTM

The creators update is also out for the Xbox 1 now. If you've got one.

chicofehr

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
Maybe in 1 year it will be worth installing on my gaming computer. Not a fan of frequent major updates that break things. I got way too much software and games installed to risk windows updates screwing it all up. Windows 7 for a bit longer. Stability over features anyway.

therealduckofdeath

Honorable
May 10, 2012
@chicofehr, if you value your gaming computer as a mission critical device, I think you're taking gaming a few notches too serious. Especially with this update. I've been using the Insider Preview since it launched and the Gaming Mode really gives a noticeable boost to frame rates and especially to reduce stuttering.

jasonpatry987

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012
DX12 is a great boost for us AMD users with 8 core cpu's just cause intel only has 2 or 4 doesn't mean people with more cores will appreciate the performance boost given by the OS utilizing all 8 cores instead of 2 or 4 in windows 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS