Microsoft's Windows 8 Box Art Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

aftcomet

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
I think the boxart looks cool. Not a fan of Windows 8 though. I think the problem with Microsoft is that they're trying to be more Apple-y. Style over substance. Wrong approach in my opinion and it'll cost them down the road.

KidABear

Honorable
Jun 28, 2012
[citation][nom]aftcomet[/nom]I think the boxart looks cool. Not a fan of Windows 8 though. I think the problem with Microsoft is that they're trying to be more Apple-y. Style over substance. Wrong approach in my opinion and it'll cost them down the road.[/citation]

Well said.

Microsoft needs to stick to what brought them to where they are today. At the moment, they seem to be doing nothing but alienating significant numbers of former loyalists while barely winning over anyone new.

If wanted to spend my money on Apple products, then I would.

of the way

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
I actually like where Metro is going. I don't like what it's being used for (i.e. a consumer OS for desktops), but it's the sort of thing that could eventually grow to be great for specialized systems. Like the consoles of a starship.

billybobser

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
It kinda sucks, that the choices I'll have is between osx and windows, as they are both going down the route I don't wish to go.

I'd go linux in a heartbeat, but because it is free, it doesn't have financial oomph to convince people to be compatibile with it.

gsxrme

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
I fully support the new Start screen. I play BF3, WoW and Diablo 3 on my computer and there absolutely no point to have the desktop other than holding onto it. The computer boots up and shutsdown faster. Multitasking also seems faster. Everything seems outright more responsive.

My system spec is
i7 2600k @ 5.1Ghz
2201Mhz DDR3
2 WD 1TB blacks Raid 0
GTX680 @ 1325 core 7000Mhz Ram

yes Water and no not a kiddy water kit like H70

The thing is im very very happy, I have a dualboot with Windows 7 as a backup and the only thing im about to get my hands on is a 240GB SSD from Mushkin. Windows 8 and SSD should make things silly stupid fast.

KidABear

Honorable
Jun 28, 2012
[citation][nom]gsxrme[/nom]I fully support the new Start screen. I play BF3, WoW and Diablo 3 on my computer and there absolutely no point to have the desktop other than holding onto it. The computer boots up and shutsdown faster. Multitasking also seems faster. Everything seems outright more responsive.My system spec is i7 2600k @ 5.1Ghz2201Mhz DDR32 WD 1TB blacks Raid 0GTX680 @ 1325 core 7000Mhz Ramyes Water and no not a kiddy water kit like H70The thing is im very very happy, I have a dualboot with Windows 7 as a backup and the only thing im about to get my hands on is a 240GB SSD from Mushkin. Windows 8 and SSD should make things silly stupid fast.[/citation]

Nobody gives a s***...

shafe88

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
[citation][nom]zzz_b[/nom]Who cares about the box??? Is the OS good?[/citation]
Yes and no, good for tablets "yes", good for desktops "no". And btw Microsoft this is 2012 not the 80's.

leafman420

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2009
OHHHHHH Windows 8 can play games. I don't play games on my computer I work, and a game isn't going to prove to me that it's even worth my time. You can still play your games.

leafman420

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2009
Oh also I'm with most of you. Don't give a Fuck about that box. I'll toss it anyways. Can't see how the box is tech news.

Status
Not open for further replies.