Microstuttering I need help!

Jul 1, 2018
Hey there,

about a 8 months ago I bought myself some new parts for my PC. (Ryzen 5 1600, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX, Asus B350 Plus) in the beginning i had problems with microstuttering in games and some other programs but after a few hours of tying some things out that my friend told me ( im not sure what exactly) the problem got better to a point where it didnt annoy me anymore even though it was still there.

Now i have bought myself a brandnew GTX 1060 as an extention for my "new" rig and the microstuttering is back now even worse than i remember. It even happens sometimes while im just browsing through the internet.

I have tried a few things already that i read on the internet like using the default bios settings, reseting the bios, adjusting CPU voltage, installing newest drivers and updating my bios but i feel like most of the things made it even worse.

I am clueless and I hope somebody is willing to help me. Thanks in advance :)

My complete rig:
-Asus Prime B350 Plus
-2x 8GB Corsair vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2B3000C15
-Ryzen 5 1600 (stock fan)
-Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 AMP 6GB
-WD Blue 1TB
-Samsung 850EVO 250GB

RRichards

Reputable
Jul 2, 2017
What psu do you have? A while ago I was having similar issues and I figured out it was all because of a cheap psu that couldn’t deliver consistent power to components which caused stuttering. Maybe the same thing is happening with you

Jul 1, 2018

Is there a way to test that ? I dont have access to another psu

Jul 1, 2018
Oh and to answer the question. I am currently using an Corsair VS650. Which is 4-5 years old now i think.