[SOLVED] Microstuttering in All Games- Frametime Spikes/GPU Power Drops/Voltage Spikes

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbacker26

Reputable
Dec 26, 2017
Hi, so I have been getting these microstutters in almost all games I play. However, they occur much more frequently in GPU demanding games. CPU demanding games, like CSGO, I have no issue with. This leads me to believe my issue is related to my GPU. These micro stutters or frametime spikes, occur at the exact time the GPU Power % drops as indicated by MSI Afterburner. These frametime spikes are ALSO occur when my Power Limit drops to 0 and my Voltage Limit spikes to 1. My graphics card is a non-overclocked EVGA RTX 2080ti Hybrid. If anyone has any idea what could be happening I would greatly appreciate it. Below are graphs recorded while playing Jedi Fallen Order:

MY SPECS:

• -i7 9700k (not OC)
  • -EVGA Geforce RTX 2080ti XC Hybrid (not OC)
  • -Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 3200mhz
  • -ASUS Prime Z390-A
  • -Corsair RMX 750x WATT PSU
  • -Samsung 970 EVO 500gb M.2 SSD
  • -6TB WD Blue 5400RPM HDD-1TB WD BLUE 7200RPM HDD-TP Link TL-WDN4800 PCIe Wifi Adapter
  • -Primary Monitor: ASUS PG279Q (1440p 165hz Gsync)
  • -Secondary Monitor: ASUS VG248QG (1080p, 165hz, Gsync)

bbacker26

Reputable
Dec 26, 2017
EDIT: I FIXED THE STUTTERING!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!What I did that removed all stuttering was a combination of things so bare with me here: a fresh install of windows, unplugged the USB 3.0 cable from my motherboard, set my XMP profile to on and chose the "XMP 2" option in ASUS bios, changed my fps limit on my 165hz monitor from 162 to 163 in Nvidia control panel under "Max Framerate" (this seemed to be a more stable limit for some bizarre reason), completely uninstalled MSI Afterburner and Rivatuner as these introduced stuttering for me, Turned ON GPU Scheduling in Windows settings, turned on high performance power mode, turned off xbox game mode/dvr, and I also disabled all background apps in settings. The difference is night and day. Been dealing with stuttering for 4 months on my new 2k dollar pc and I can FINALLY enjoy it! There is literally 0 stutter now. PLEASE, if my situation is similar to yours, try out these steps. I suggest trying some of the less extreme stuff first (setting fps limit to 163, turning on XMP 2) before going ahead with a fresh windows install. The smaller things might actually be the issue. Please lmk if they helped you!

Status
Not open for further replies.