Question Microstuttering with GTX 1080 (With less than 10% load, and with temps below 50c), anyone know why?

Oct 23, 2019
Backstory
I'll give a bit of a backstory, but if you want to skip this chunk you may. Recently I had this strange issue where I was getting exceptional microstuttering on the desktop right after booting (Every 2-3 seconds the computer will freeze for almost half a second. Not even exactly 'freeze,' audio still played perfectly fine, it is as if the computer was skipping a handful of frames). I just had recently installed the most recent windows update, so I figured that was the problem. Since I had a lot of unnecessary things installed anyway, I just installed a fresh copy of windows. That didn't work either. I figured that was strange, so I did a bit of googling. I read that it might be caused by storage problems with latency, so I went ahead and I swapped out a new SATA cable for my SSD, and that seemed to fix it for a bit. I updated the new install to the latest version of windows 10 and rebooted. It worked perfectly fine for 15/20 minutes, but then the screen went black. I heard a windows "reconnecting device" or "disconnected device" sound (ie. unplugging a mouse or something) and then the video came back. The issue then persisted yet again. I did some CPU stress testing and it didn't seem to effect the issue, and many of the fixes found by simply googling the issue didn't work. I've had this GTX 1080 for well over a year, so I assumed it wasn't the problem at first. I just unplugged it and reseated it and it seemed to have fixed the problem for now. However, any more permanent solutions, or ways to prevent this in the future, I am all ears for.

Specs:
GPU: GTX 1080​
CPU: Ryzen 3 1200 (I know it's weak, but I sold my Ryzen 7)​
Storage: WD Blue 3D NAND SATA SSD 1TB​
Motherboard: B450I Gaming Plus AC​
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8gb (I normally use 16, but I stripped it during troubleshooting)​
(Data collected from OpenHardwareMonitor)

Attempted solutions:

Highlighted are successful attempts -- though the problem may have reemerged

• Reseating GPU, CPU, SSD, and trying new RAM.
  • Updating all drivers and/or firmware/bios
  • Running "netsh winsock reset "
  • Running "sfc /scannow"
  • Clearing caches and temp folders
  • Clean installing Windows
  • Using one monitor at a time (This one technically worked for a time too, but it was at the same time as I did a bunch of other things, and not certain as to why this would effect it.)
  • Running off of motherboard video output
  • Attempting a boot with all USB devices disconnected
  • Clearing BIOS/Firmware
  • Booting in safe mode

---------------------

The stuttering also doesn't seem effected by any stress or heat, as running furmark and cpu stress tests don't make it seem any noticeably better or worse.
I have heard that microstuttering in general is usually a sign that the GPU is miscommunicating with the computer in some way (Such as non-Gsync, and 144hz), but I'm not certain why. Could it just be that my gpu is going sour, or is it something fixable?

If anyone knows anything about this, I'd love to hear it!
(Also if any additional information is required I'll happily provide it)