Question Microstuttering ?

Jun 15, 2024
So in around October 2022 I experienced my first microstutter it happened randomly when I woke up but I had the pc for about a year so I was confused.
So i tried a few different games and tweaked with the settings and windows settings but nothing fixed it.
My specs were a gtx 1050ti,i5 3550,Foxconn motherboard I think,sk hynix sata,400w psu,stock intel cooler and 12 gb ram.
So for about 6 months I nonstop searched guides and fixes for the microstuttering but never found one and I had seen hundreds.

Until around march my pc randomly broke so I bought a new pc with a rtx 3060,r5 4500,16gb ram,650w psu,stock amd cooler and a b550m aorus elite motherboard.
It powered on and worked,got high fps,however still microstuttering.
I searched even more guides reinstalled windows a few times changed drivers changed settings upgraded bios enabling xmp disabling hpet still nothing.
Then that pc also broke because the gpu was faulty so I returned it and bought a rx 6650xt,r5 5500 and replaced my sk hynix with a Samsung m.2 nvme and also got a 700w psu.
Still had microstutters.

Tried until about May this year to fix it and have done every fix in existence and haven't found a fix at all.
So I decided to return my 5500 4500 and rx 6650xt and bought a r5 5800x and a rx 7700xt however this time I bought a thermalright assassin cpu cooler.
Still though I have incredibly high fps but so many microstutters.
I have absolutely no idea what's going on I have even moved house changed ethernet cable changed wifi providers and nothing.
It's actually killing me,I have spent 2 years trying to fix something nonstop that could possibly have no fix,
My last hope is to post on here and try and find a fix but I'm not very hopeful.

Gpu temps are usually around 50 degrees and cpu about 60-70 during gaming

I would list everything I have done but there's so many I can't even count

High fps does not mean you will have a stutter free experience gaming. It would help a bit if you could list some of your troubleshooting trys so we are not going over the same troubleshooting steps. In a nutshell micro stuttering is caused by frames coming too early or too late in conjunction with the monitors refresh rate. So the most common troubleshoot is to try to cap the fps within 1-3 fps of the refresh rate of the monitor. Some monitors have a refresh rate of say 164.5 when it is presented as 165 refresh rate. You can also try adjusting the refresh rate itself by a couple of ticks either way of its actual refresh rate in conjuction with the capped fps amount. Or you can try to just change the refresh rate without capping the fps,

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Jun 15, 2024
I have updated my bios to the newest version
Enabled and disabled xmp
Disabled hpet
Disabled audio drivers
Turned freesync on and off
Turned vsync on and off
Vrr off and on
Changed power plan to balanced then high the ultimate none made a difference
Disabled enhanced pointer precision
Disabled rgb software
Underclocked and overclocked gpu

Jun 15, 2024
Underclocked and overclocked cpu
Turned hags on and off
Tried a different monitor
Tried various hdmi and displayport cables
Changed mouse and kb
Unplugged every usb device apart from kb and mouse
Disabled Sam
Installed Chipset drivers
Installed different windows versions
Tried windows with 0 optimisations
Booted into safe mode to see if it would stutter
Disabled gamebarpresencewriter
Disabled mpo
Changed ram
Added ram
Changed cpu 4 times
Changed gpu 4 times
Changed mb 2 times
Changed cpu cooler from stock to a heatsink
Changed sata to nvme
Unplugged front usb 3

Jun 15, 2024
High fps does not mean you will have a stutter free experience gaming. It would help a bit if you could list some of your troubleshooting trys so we are not going over the same troubleshooting steps. In a nutshell micro stuttering is caused by frames coming too early or too late in conjunction with the monitors refresh rate. So the most common troubleshoot is to try to cap the fps within 1-3 fps of the refresh rate of the monitor. Some monitors have a refresh rate of say 164.5 when it is presented as 165 refresh rate. You can also try adjusting the refresh rate itself by a couple of ticks either way of its actual refresh rate in conjuction with the capped fps amount. Or you can try to just change the refresh rate without capping the fps,
Should i record a game with overlay cus I need to download cod again

Stuttering with high FPS, means it's the 1% lows causing the issue. With the upgrade to a 5800x I would have expected the 1% lows to be higher. You might run nVidia Overlay during the game, and watch out for the 1% lows. If they are below 60fps, then this is where the stuttering is coming from.

I'm scrathcing my head becuase the 5800x can drive any current GPu very well.

What's the CPU/GPU usage when gaming? I'd expect either low CPU/GPU usage, is that correct?

Jun 15, 2024
Stutterin with high FPS, means it's the 1% lows causing the issue. With the upgrade to a 5800x I would have expected the 1% lows to be higher. You might run nVidia Overlay during the game, and watch out for the 1% lows. If they are below 60fps, then this is where the stuttering is coming from.
I got an amd gpu so I will just use amd overlay and enable everything

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Jun 15, 2024
My specs currently though are a
Gigabyte rx 7700xt gaming oc,r7 5800x,oloy 2x8 16gb ram,msi a650gl psu,samsung 980 ssd,thermalright assasin cpu cooler,corsair carbide spec delta case,gigabyte b550m aorus elite ax