Question Microstutters in new system build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roland77

Commendable
May 13, 2017
Hey guys not sure if this is the right area to post this. So I just built a new system with an AMD 3900x but kept my 2080Ti from my last build. While playing apex I get a constant 144 frames but I have kind of microstutters when running over terrain or looking around. It almost looks like there are horizontal lines across the screen that render the terrain a bit slower so they appear almost slightly jagged or 'off'. This doesnt happen on other games like PUBG for example. I have tried changing the settings to low in Apex but it doesnt change anything. I also tried in the Nvidia control panel to set everything to performance mode from quality but that also doesnt affect it. I have deleted the sound driver of nvidia, and set the PhysX to run off of the GPU. I feel like I have tried every option I have found on the web. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

My monitor is an Acer Predator and my new system is a full watercooling loop the temps for GPU while playing Apex are around 32C and CPU is around 47-50C.

Roland77

Commendable
May 13, 2017
Did you set your ram's XMP settings, in the bios? Is your bios up to date? Did you do a fresh install of windows, when you did your upgrade? Are you using the latest drivers, for chipset, and for your graphics?
I set the XMP profile, yes I did a fresh install of windows 10, I have the latest drivers for GPU my BIOS is 2.1 and I am not sure how to update drivers for the chipset. The fresh install was done 2 days ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.