[SOLVED] Microstutters with no frame drop

Jul 9, 2020
Im not really quite sure if its an issue with my graphics card or what. But when I play fallout 4, I find microstutters or lag when I turn. I meet the recommended requirements for this game. Just very confused.

I should also mention, that I play my games on my samsung tv as I cant afford a monitor right now. The tv has a refresh rate of 60. My graphics card is a rx 580 series 8GB and my cpu is a ryzen 7 3700x with 16GB of ram.

Last edited:
Solution
Then it's likely a Fallout-related issue rather than a hardware one. This is both a good thing and a bad thing. A good thing in that it limits where your problem is, but a bad thing in that diagnosing a game-specific issue is always a trickier one.

It's hard to know what to suggest without knowing what you've done. I don't know what "possibly every solution" consists of! Did you fully wipe and reinstall the game? Did you remove any mods? Did you try with everything at the lowest settings?
Jul 9, 2020
Graphics card is up to date, everything else is up to date, Ive played it vanilla and got the same issue. Not sure if my gpu is at fault or if its my tv and a issue with refresh rate or what not. I havent overclocked my gpu or cpu. Everything is stock

Jul 9, 2020
Samsung makes a lot of TVs at every size. What's the exact model?

Do you have this behavior in any other games? Would be good to either isolate it to or eliminate a game-specific issue.
Ive noticed it in skyrim as well but chalked it up to my low end cpu. Not any other game tho if im remembering correctly. That’s something ill test right now. This is the tv btw. Samsung UN40N5200AF 5 Series - 40" Class (39.5" viewable) LED TV

Jul 9, 2020
Do you have VSYNC on? Assuming it's already on, do you get this behavior when you set everything to the lowest settings?
Yes I do. Im gonna go ahead and retest and see incase I messed up somehow. But yes ive turned off vsync. Ive done possibly every solution out there and unfortunately I still have the issue
I just launched halo reach on mcc for pc and it ran just fine. Frames never went down below 60 and didnt have microstutters at all or even lag.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Then it's likely a Fallout-related issue rather than a hardware one. This is both a good thing and a bad thing. A good thing in that it limits where your problem is, but a bad thing in that diagnosing a game-specific issue is always a trickier one.

It's hard to know what to suggest without knowing what you've done. I don't know what "possibly every solution" consists of! Did you fully wipe and reinstall the game? Did you remove any mods? Did you try with everything at the lowest settings?

Reactions: MaskedVillian1312
Solution
Jul 9, 2020

Sorry im new here and kinda new to pc gaming. And ive edited ini files, lowered graphics and downloaded tweaks and fps limiters and performance boosting mods even though I stay at pretty much 60fps even thru heavy populated areas on ultra. When I first booted up the game it would not recognize my specs. It immediately set my settings to low. I can try to reinstall. Ive disabled mods and ran it without mods as well. But uninstalling is something I was hoping to avoid. Kind of like a last resort because my internet isnt so great. But I will do that

TRENDING THREADS