Micrsoft Not Selling the Zune HD Outside USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

underpatch

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
i heard it wont support divx or xvid .... fail .... i am no longer interested so i guess it coming to the uk or not means nothing to me anymore

danish_2828

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
Hopefully, UPS actually delivers it on time instead of changing the delivery date that I paid for. I can always count on Newegg to ship quickly.

I'm looking forward to the OLED touchscreen display and SSD. That should increase battery life. My 30 gig Zune can only go 6 hours right now.

icepick314

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2002
how would HD radio would work outside US?

and from what i understand, many countries outside US have to pay some kind of taxes to be able to listen to radio and watch TV...not to mention "iPod Tax" on some countries for having devices that have storage capability...

that might be why currently Zune HD is US only for now...

erichlund

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2008
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]Yeah, rub it in.[/citation]
Perhaps, at the risk of sounding mean spirited, get a life. It's just thing.

Sorry.

G

Maybe M$ doesn't want the EU to fine them for doing business there >_>

G

It seems to be even better than the Touch, but I'll be rocking my iRiver H320 'til I die...or it dies...whichever comes first.

war2k9

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
i would buy if price drops down lower than $150. The Zune line from Microsoft is more or less an apple ipod clone. Non user replaceable, require its own software.

vider

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2008
[citation][nom]Wikipedia / Zune_HD[/nom]A trailer appeared on the Xbox Live Video Service on June 1, 2009, during the E3 2009 Microsoft Press Conference. They announced that the current Zune Marketplace and Xbox Live Video Service will be merged to create Zune Video, bringing the Zune brand to Xbox Live in 7 countries[6]; the United States, United Kingdom, France, Italy, Germany, Ireland and Spain.[/citation] +
Right now we are focused on deploying an exciting service in the form of Zune Video
to 18 markets. We are looking at potential future hardware experiences for these markets, but do not have anything to announce right now.
= We will be testing our service in other countries, in order to see if it is profitable for US to lunch Zune HD there.

[citation][nom]Wikipedia / HD Radio[nom] HD Radio equipped stations pay a one-time licensing fee for converting their primary audio channel to iBiquity's HD Radio technology, and 3% of incremental net revenues for any additional digital subchannels. The cost of converting a radio station can run between $100,000 and $200,000. Receiver manufacturers pay a royalty.[/citation]

I think people are smart enough to realize that it's all about money, it would be wiser to support the DAB+ digital radio technology than the HD Radio. Just read about it on Wikipedia and you will see that DAB+ is just getting better and better and will be supported in more and more countries as time goes by.

erichlund

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2008
[citation][nom]accrajoe[/nom]It seems to be even better than the Touch, but I'll be rocking my iRiver H320 'til I die...or it dies...whichever comes first.[/citation]
Then can I suggest a romantic weekend with your SO in Niagara Falls with a side trip to Best Buy in Amherst or Buffalo.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
[citation][nom]iulianx[/nom]Micrsoft? Really? And in the title?[/citation][citation][nom]ViDER[/nom]Add an EDIT button please :][/citation]
Seems everyone needs an edit button.

I'll wait to see the Zune HD in stores before I buy one. Except for the touch screen, smaller form factor, and HD Radio it's just a PSP replacement for me. I'd get it mostly for the HD Radio since I can plug it into an audio jack in my car.

ozzman24

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2009
I'm still planning on a Zune HD. Even sold my Zune 80GB to help fund my operations! Why Zune? Because I hate and refuse to be an iPod stereotype. Oooo, look at my iPod! Fuck that, checkout my ZUNE bitch!

radium69

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2007
Hm, Changing the firmware shouldn't be too hard. Especially for microsoft. I was well intererested in the ZUNE HD, but now they are staying U.S. only? Seems almost unreal...

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Wasn't there a story about the Zune HD being the only Zune Microsoft plans to continue making? Are they basically dropping-out of the global market?

Status
Not open for further replies.