[SOLVED] Mid End PC lags in EVERY application.

Mar 16, 2019
I've had this issue for a while now so if anyone could help me it would be highly appreciated.

PC Specs:

AMD RX580 8GB
i7 8700k
8GB RAM
Corsair SF600 PSU

I've had this issue for a while now where my PC lags in almost evey application ranging from google chrome to ARK. I find it very weird since I have all the recent drivers installed with no viruses. However this issue is very on and off. For example yesturday I was playing ARK on medium settings with 60fps no problem but today when I load up ARK on the same exact settings the textures don't load properly with an fps of 10 - 15. This happens almost all the time where one day it works fine but the day after everything decides not to work. I know this isn't an issue with ARK being really porly optimized since I also tried it with multible other games like Titanfall 2 and Subnautica. This also happenes with almost all other applications like Discord, Google Chrome and even the Steam Launcher. Another thing that happens when it lags is that the audio get very wavy and goes up and down constantly and sometimes getting very distorted.

If anyone has any idea on how to fix this issue it would be really appreciated.

Thanks!

Solution
Are you using Windows 10 OS ? This OS might sometimes create a problem, since some of the latest updates have been troublesome, and it leads to game lag as well.

Is there any background program/process running when you start the PC, and/or play games ? What are the GPU and CPU temp value while gaming, and in idle mode ??

Your problem might also be related to Windows 10 OS or Network issues, since the latest patches have been very unstable and buggy. Just my guess though. But, if sometimes games are NOT giving any kind of lag, then you can rule this out. Many users have been facing Windows 10 lag in online games though, which they don’t even know of. Not sure about ARK and Titanfall 2.

Try the following workaround......One of...
Are you using Windows 10 OS ? This OS might sometimes create a problem, since some of the latest updates have been troublesome, and it leads to game lag as well.

Is there any background program/process running when you start the PC, and/or play games ? What are the GPU and CPU temp value while gaming, and in idle mode ??

Your problem might also be related to Windows 10 OS or Network issues, since the latest patches have been very unstable and buggy. Just my guess though. But, if sometimes games are NOT giving any kind of lag, then you can rule this out. Many users have been facing Windows 10 lag in online games though, which they don’t even know of. Not sure about ARK and Titanfall 2.

Try the following workaround......One of the most obvious ways to stop lagging in Windows 10 is by working around the way updates are being downloaded and installed on your computer. DISABLE all automatic updates, if possible. Try to change the setting, which allows you to manage how Windows 10 updates are going to be installed, and at which frequency.

ALSO, framework problems behind the Steam Client Service might also make your Windows 10 laggy. This application is mainly responsible to monitor and update necessary steam content on a constant basis. But in Windows 10, this steam client feature isn’t working as intended, and may lead to heavy LAG during an online game. Dota 2 and CS:GO players are more prone to the issue. You can manage the Steam Client Service by following the steps mentioned below;
  • Open Start Menu and search for “View local services”
  • Among the huge list, search for “Steam Client Service” and then right click to go to its Properties
  • Change the startup type to Automatics and then Stop the Service Status activity for a few moments.
  • Click on Start again
The Local Services and Steam Client Service window will look like this;

nfEnQW8.png

Last edited:
Solution
Mar 16, 2019
What are the GPU and CPU temp value while gaming, and in idle mode ??

(All the temps are in celcius)

GPU Temps while Gaming = 55 - 65 depending on what game im playing
GPU Temps while idle = 30 degrees

CPU Temps while gaming = 50 -60 degrees depending on the game
CPU temps while idle = 40 degrees

Mar 16, 2019
Are you using Windows 10 OS ? This OS might sometimes create a problem, since some of the latest updates have been troublesome, and it leads to game lag as well. Though, I'm NOT 100% sure.

Try the following workarounds......One of the most obvious ways to stop lagging in Windows 10 is by working around the way updates are being downloaded and installed on your computer. DISABLE all automatic updates, if possible. Try to change the setting, which allows you to manage how Windows 10 updates are going to be installed, and at which frequency.

ALSO, framework problems behind the Steam Client Service might also make your Windows 10 laggy. This application is mainly responsible to monitor and update necessary steam content on a constant basis. But in Windows 10, this steam client feature isn’t working as intended, and may lead to heavy LAG during an online game. Dota 2 and CS:GO players are more prone to the issue. You can manage the Steam Client Service by following the steps mentioned below;
  • Open Start Menu and search for “View local services”
  • Among the huge list, search for “Steam Client Service” and then right click to go to its Properties
  • Change the startup type to Automatics and then Stop the Service Status activity for a few moments.
  • Click on Start again
The Local Services and Steam Client Service window will look like this;

nfEnQW8.png
Thank you so much! I tried this and it worked.

lux1109

Reputable
BANNED
Apr 30, 2019
Coool....I will try this solution as well. I play a lot of online MMORPGs, and others, like CS:GO, Dota, PUBG, Destiny. I'm also experiencing lag spikes, and stutters.

Windows 10 os kind of sucks pretty bad. I'm thinking for downgrading back to Win 7 OS, but I lost my Cd-key...Lol. I hate to download updates each time I boot my Win 10 partition.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS