[SOLVED] Mid range computer Slowing down

Gamer_extreme_111

Commendable
Jul 14, 2020
Help I am suffering from slow boot times slow loading hanging unresponsiveness and a really crappy performance on my desktop pc I suspected that the problem was my hard drive because it is always at 100 percent I tried everything on the internet but non helped me I have been suffering for a year but this time it worsened I tried to factory reset my pc and it runs like a dream for 2 days and it came back I scanned my drive but it was healthy and there were no errors tried to run an antivirus scan no threats were found clean disk disabled superfetch and windows search but the problem is still there the temps are fine and
I5 8600K 3.60 GHz
msi Gtx 1060 6 gb
G.skill 16 GB 2400 RAM
MSI z370 tomahawk motherboard
1tb HHD Seagate

Solution
If the usage of your memory or CPU or disk is 100% when idle, then you're experiencing a memoryleak issue. The only way to solve that issue is to reinstall your OS. You should create your bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools and then proceed to reinstall the OS. Prior to reinstalling, make sure your BIOS is up to date and you've backed up all critical content from your installation drive.

Speaking of which, you forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU. If you don't have an SSD, how many partition's do you have on your 1TB HDD?

Lutfij

Titan
If the usage of your memory or CPU or disk is 100% when idle, then you're experiencing a memoryleak issue. The only way to solve that issue is to reinstall your OS. You should create your bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools and then proceed to reinstall the OS. Prior to reinstalling, make sure your BIOS is up to date and you've backed up all critical content from your installation drive.

Speaking of which, you forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU. If you don't have an SSD, how many partition's do you have on your 1TB HDD?

Solution

Gamer_extreme_111

Commendable
Jul 14, 2020
The problem was suddenly fixed the cause was the windows update but the problem just lessened so now the disk only hit 100 percent after startup for a second or when I don't open an app and also it loads very slow for a few second after startup

TRENDING THREADS