mid to high end motherboard choice ,HELP!!

barry_hhh

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2006
hi guys i am building my new comp and i am finding the decision of a new mobo the hardest decision..here are the few criteria i have:

i am going to be running either a e6600 or e6700, but would like the option to upgrade to quadcore one day, I would like it to be a good and easy overclocker as i would like to be running between 3- 3.4 ghz STABLE AND COOL, i will be buying quality aftermarket cooling

The ram i think i will be using is G.Skill HZ Series

i will be running a 8800gtx , i was thinking about sli but have decided i dont need it as i wont use resolutions that high as i am getting a new lcd monitor -22lcd.. ANY IDEAS HERE?

One more thing.. is there anything that fits those things and also will support 1333 fsb and the intel 45nm coming soon?
God theres is WAY to many options

I am from nz so the cost of anything recommended will be different, but everything should be available..
thanks for your time, CHEERS!

BUFF

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2003
is there anything that fits those things and also will support 1333 fsb and the intel 45nm coming soon?
sounds like 1 of the new P35 chipset mobos would suit you.
As far as I can see these are basically an evolutionary improvement of P965 so I would look at the mobos that have done well in that format e.g. the abit, Asus & Gigabytes (& DFI if they get theirs out, they've been really slow to market over ythe last year).
Alternatively X38 is due out ~ September.

Silviastud

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2007
Love love love my new P5K-Deluxe. Straight outta the box on auto voltages except cpu at 1.425 and memory at 2.25 I hit 490FSB. 24/7 all day. The NB and mofsets are hot with the stock heatpipes at that clock. I have Thermalright HRs on the mofsets and water on the NB.

It's a great board and easy to get a good overclock on. Once I get all the water redone I'm sure I'll see 500MHz + FSB.