Question Mid tower TG case with good airflow ~100-200$

alexswede

Reputable
Apr 26, 2017
For my latest build i was dead set on using the Phanteks P400A after i saw it at computex this year, since it was relativly cheap, had TG, and had visibility to see RGB fans in the front of the case (something of a pre-requisite of mine). But after the lackluster reviews for it were released i decided it wasnt worth my time. After a lot of searching on the internet i keep getting mixed answers to the same question, around 100 to 200 USD, mid tower that has good airflow with TG. so i was wondering if anyone had any stellar recommendations, or if they know of any case that fits my description. Thanks in advance for your answers and im more than happy to go more into detail if needed.

I was thinking of pairing the case with Coolermasters SF360R or SF240P fans since my motherboard doesnt have an insane amount of RGB headers,

The problem you have is that you want tempered glass with good airflow. TG cases dont usually have great airflow because the air cannot pass through the glass. There is a sacrifice there, but some are better than others. The smaller you go though, the more difficult it will be.

The NZXT H500 is a solid case that looks good and will have decent airflow. I suggest looking at NZXT, Fractal Design, Phanteks or Corsair as they all make good cases. Espeicially in the $100-200 range and will perform very similar.

alexswede

Reputable
Apr 26, 2017
The problem you have is that you want tempered glass with good airflow. TG cases dont usually have great airflow because the air cannot pass through the glass. There is a sacrifice there, but some are better than others. The smaller you go though, the more difficult it will be.

The NZXT H500 is a solid case that looks good and will have decent airflow. I suggest looking at NZXT, Fractal Design, Phanteks or Corsair as they all make good cases. Espeicially in the $100-200 range and will perform very similar.
I do understand that TG does make it a bit warmer, and i had looked at the H500/h500i but i heard that the head was rather abysmal. Any specific case that you can think of? I saw the Meshify S2 a couple days back but it just didnt seem to perform so well in terms of build quality and airflow

I dont think the Luxe 2 has been released. I know it was announced last week, I think. I have the Phanteks Enthoo Luxe and it is a very good case. It houses my gaming rig and you use the front and bottom as intake and the top and rear of the case as exhaust.

I also have the Fractal Design R6 in my workstation and it is a little warmer than the Enthoo Luxe, but it is noticeable quieter too.

Ultimately, both cases and just about every $100+ case will have more than adeqate air flow. It will not impact performance at all. Maybe the CPU will be 2 degrees higher in one cases vs another, but that one degree wont impact performance or life of the system.

My advice is not put too much stock in airflow, and focus more on a case that is not too loud and one that you like the way it looks.

alexswede

Reputable
Apr 26, 2017
I dont think the Luxe 2 has been released. I know it was announced last week, I think. I have the Phanteks Enthoo Luxe and it is a very good case. It houses my gaming rig and you use the front and bottom as intake and the top and rear of the case as exhaust.

I also have the Fractal Design R6 in my workstation and it is a little warmer than the Enthoo Luxe, but it is noticeable quieter too.

Ultimately, both cases and just about every $100+ case will have more than adeqate air flow. It will not impact performance at all. Maybe the CPU will be 2 degrees higher in one cases vs another, but that one degree wont impact performance or life of the system.

My advice is not put too much stock in airflow, and focus more on a case that is not too loud and one that you like the way it looks.
The r6 is a bit to straight forward for my tastes and the Luxe 1 doesnt really have as much space as i would like. Any thoughts on the H500P Mesh?

The H500P is a good looking case, but I dont know much about it. For some reason, I have really looked down on Cooler Master. It has always just been a budget brand. I am sure they make some good products, it is just my own personal bias.

Checkout the case reviews by Hardware Canucks, they have the absolute best case reviews I am seen.

alexswede

Reputable
Apr 26, 2017
The H500P is a good looking case, but I dont know much about it. For some reason, I have really looked down on Cooler Master. It has always just been a budget brand. I am sure they make some good products, it is just my own personal bias.

Checkout the case reviews by Hardware Canucks, they have the absolute best case reviews I am seen.
Yeah them and Gamers Nexus are really good at that stuff ^^. In the end though i think im settling on the P600S since it has great airflow and a TG side panel

Reactions: feelinfroggy777