Middle click problem

nowifiavailable

Prominent
May 22, 2017
Hey guys,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I am having this problem - my Logitech M170 wireless mouse middle click stopped working.
I tried all the fixes I could find on the site and none worked. I can still scroll, but when I try to middle click I have to click like 50 times for it to click and I have to click another 50 times if I want it to click again. I tried to go to Logitech's site but I couldn't find anything about my mouse.. I cleaned the mouse (inside not just outside), changed the batteries, rolled back drivers, replugging it, using it on another PC and NONE OF THAT WORKED! I reinstalled Windows too! I got to my cousin's house (he has pretty much all Windows installation discs) and I even tried to install Windows 10! (which is crap in my opinion, but everyone has opinions) I am using Windows 7 right now. If anyone had this model and the middle click stopped working for them and fixed the problem, please tell me what you did because I am pretty much dead without a middle click since I use it a lot and I am used to it..
(don't judge my grammar please)

~~Ivo - "I am dead without middle click"

Solution
if you have tried the mouse out on multiple devices and the middle click does not work, it very likely is a broken microswitch.

if you can do a bit of soldering, its a cheap fix as microswitches can be had for less than $1 a piece. if you can not, just use another mouse.

ExaltedNik

Prominent
May 9, 2017
Sounds like the microswitch for the mmb is broken. You have done about all of the troubleshooting there is, other than taking it apart and trying to repair it. If you are not very adept in that field, I would suggest just purchasing a new mouse.

if you have tried the mouse out on multiple devices and the middle click does not work, it very likely is a broken microswitch.

if you can do a bit of soldering, its a cheap fix as microswitches can be had for less than $1 a piece. if you can not, just use another mouse.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS