Question Middle GPU fan much louder than other two fans?

johnsoner13

Respectable
Hello, I’m trying to sell my old asus strix GTX 1080 and in testing it, found that it was very loud. I stopped each of the fans with my finger and found that the left/right fans are almost silent while the center fan is very loud. Is that normal, like is the center fan supposed to be spinning at a higher rpm or something? Or should I go ahead and order a replacement fan? I dont really notice any wobble or specific grinding noises or anything. It’s just louder. Thanks

johnsoner13

Respectable
What do you mean by "loud"? Do you mean loud, like a loud, rushing wind noise that fans normally make, or loud, like dry bearings about to seize up?
Not sure what the latter sounds like but it doesnt really sound like the “rushing wind noise” is louder, just the motor. It SOUNDS like it’s spinning a lot faster but it seems like it’s spinning the same speed.

johnsoner13

Respectable
It’s a 1080 strix advanced. All 3 fans are 87mm. I just went ahead and ordered a replacement, it just doesnt make sense that the middle is significantly louder than the other two and completely ruins the acoustic performance of the card, especially since theyre all the same size and orientation