[SOLVED] Midrange Gaming Pc

Oct 12, 2020
Hello,

i am completely new to these Things but i am thinking about buying a Midrange Gaming Pc: my Requirements aren't that high cause i use to play mainly old Pc Games. like "the long Dark"
i wanted to buy a Pc with this Specs
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6x 3,4 GHz
16 GB DDR4 Ram 3000 MHz
480 GB SSD
AMD RX 570 8GB
MSI A320M-A Pro Max
for about 500 Euros

I also think about putting 32GB DDR4 Ram into it cause i maybe want to get into Video-Editing...

So maybe somebody can help me out & tell me if this is a good Midrange Gaming Pc for a good Price?
Thanks

Regards

Solution
Thanks for the Welcome :)

Pfuuh... yes i played a little with it, but... it offers more and more Questions

Ok, thanks for the Hint with the Motherboard!
Guess a msi b450m pro m2 max would be better than?!

Excuse my stupid Question, but do you mean the Powercabel?
it offers 500w

Yes, the B450 is much better and that particular motherboard is a good solid choice and would pair nicely with a 2600 and DDR4-3000. Here are it's specs and a video of a build with it being used.

Is the PC a pre-built unit or do you have any say in the parts that go into it? Is a friend building it or a shop?

There is never a stupid question. Remember that. Only Knowledge learned. :)

The PSU is the part that supplies your PC with...

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
Hello,

i am completely new to these Things but i am thinking about buying a Midrange Gaming Pc: my Requirements aren't that high cause i use to play mainly old Pc Games. like "the long Dark"
i wanted to buy a Pc with this Specs
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6x 3,4 GHz
16 GB DDR4 Ram 3000 MHz
480 GB SSD
AMD RX 570 8GB
MSI A320M-A Pro Max
for about 500 Euros

I also think about putting 32GB DDR4 Ram into it cause i maybe want to get into Video-Editing...

So maybe somebody can help me out & tell me if this is a good Midrange Gaming Pc for a good Price?
Thanks

Regards

Hi @Nemo05

1st off, Welcome to the forums!

Have you played around with PCPartsPicker? Even if you don't know anything about building a PC, it's a great tool as it'll only list out parts that are compatible with one another (what you choose) and it'll list out the prices and local retailers to buy from.

The 2600 is a good CPU, but I would steer clear of the A320 motherboard is it's an entry level (basic) motherboard. You'd really be doing yourself a favor with buying a better mobo, even if it's a little more.

Is this a new, used or referb'd system?

Last but not least, what PSU (Power supply unit) does the PC come with? This, like the mobo is not an item you want to skimp on.

A little more info please and again Welcome! :)

Oct 12, 2020
Hi @Nemo05

1st off, Welcome to the forums!

Have you played around with PCPartsPicker? Even if you don't know anything about building a PC, it's a great tool as it'll only list out parts that are compatible with one another (what you choose) and it'll list out the prices and local retailers to buy from.

The 2600 is a good CPU, but I would steer clear of the A320 motherboard is it's an entry level (basic) motherboard. You'd really be doing yourself a favor with buying a better mobo, even if it's a little more.

Is this a new, used or referb'd system?

Last but not least, what PSU (Power supply unit) does the PC come with? This, like the mobo is not an item you want to skimp on.

A little more info please and again Welcome! :)

Pfuuh... yes i played a little with it, but... it offers more and more Questions

it offers 500w

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED

it offers 500w

Yes, the B450 is much better and that particular motherboard is a good solid choice and would pair nicely with a 2600 and DDR4-3000. Here are it's specs and a video of a build with it being used.

Is the PC a pre-built unit or do you have any say in the parts that go into it? Is a friend building it or a shop?

There is never a stupid question. Remember that. Only Knowledge learned. :)

The PSU is the part that supplies your PC with power. The power cable is what plugs your PC via the PSU, into the wall outlet. The items I highlighted in red show examples of both. (Not sure where you're at exactly for the power cable I linked to is just one of the styles that may apply to where you're at. The type I have here in the US have the same function, but the plug looks different.) As for 500W, if it's a quality, and I cannot stress that word enough, quality, 500W should be plenty. There is a vast difference in PSU's. A cheap one can cause a ton of problems or fail completely, possibly taking your PC out with it. If you can, please find out the exact make & model and post it here so we can check it's quality.

The AMD RX 570 8GB is a decent mid-range 1080p card. Shouldn't have any problem playing the games you mentioned and then some. Here's a video showing it's performance paired with a 2600 and 50 games! As you can see, it does an excellent job.

Last edited:
Solution
Oct 12, 2020
I use this Site
https://www.memorypc.de/configurato...b-ddr4-geforce-gtx-1660-6gb-240gb-ssd-1tb-hdd
but the Pc that i choose was just to deal as an Example!

One can choose - to a certain Point - what Parts the Pc is going to have, but still i think the Shop is surely looking for Profit!

Yes that's true and thank you again for taking the Time!

The Video was highly interesting, still building a Pc - from the first Steps on - is like Rocket Science to me :D

i guess an Nvidea GTX 1660 super 6gb would be slightly better than the AMD RX 570Gb