MIFI and NAS

winjama

Honorable
Oct 25, 2013
I recently switched to MIFI for Internet connectivity. I have a NAS I used with my router for the satellite hookup we dumped for MIFI. My question is, is there a way to set up the NAS to use for my two computers? The router is not required to access the MIFI.

Solution
I use a number of older routers just as switches/wireless APs without DHCP. Are you now using all static addresses or does your Mifi provide NAT and allow multiple devices (or maybe you only use it on one machine)?.

If only one computer gets the Internet, you have the option of still using the router and then bridging the adapters to share the Internet connection along with the NAS. You can also use your Linksys as a wireless bridge or repeater to extend your signal, which is particularly easy if you use dd-wrt, open-wrt, or tomato firmware.

RealBeast

Titan
I use a number of older routers just as switches/wireless APs without DHCP. Are you now using all static addresses or does your Mifi provide NAT and allow multiple devices (or maybe you only use it on one machine)?.

If only one computer gets the Internet, you have the option of still using the router and then bridging the adapters to share the Internet connection along with the NAS. You can also use your Linksys as a wireless bridge or repeater to extend your signal, which is particularly easy if you use dd-wrt, open-wrt, or tomato firmware.

Solution