Might a pinned topic on posting images to TH be worth doing?

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
The subject pretty much says it all. This is a recurring and recurring and recurring question all over the place on TH forums. It would be nice if we had a topic where we could direct users that gave step-by-step instructions on doing this.

D

Deleted member 217926

You mean like this sticky found at the top of this very sub forum?

D

Deleted member 14196

it's a space issue no doubt. but they could self host just for admins and employees maybe?

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
That's what's done in some other venues, and even that would be a major improvement. It also gives the site complete control over what is actually 100% their own content that I'd presume is intended to be permanent.

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
Well, the question is back as I asked it at the outset.

The topic offered earlier no longer exists, and it did when it was offered here barely more than 2 weeks ago. It was my understanding that the image content in that topic was about to be updated, but the whole topic has been deleted.

USAFRet

Titan
Deleted?

I just went there.
Yes, it needs to be updated to remove references and pics from tinypic

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
Well, I get:
Oops! We ran into some problems.
The requested thread could not be found.

. . . and that's a problem in and of itself. I deleted a post making direct reference to this topic because this is what I'm now getting when I click through to it, including using the link in your preceding message.

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
Well, all I can do is report what's going on for me, and it's happening in Brave, Chrome, Edge Dev, and Firefox (all in their latest versions). And I just tried it moments ago in Edge Dev and Firefox.

Also, the topic is not in the pinned list at the top of this forum when I'm viewing it, either, so I don't know if it's in a hidden state for regular members but accessible to staff, but it looks like that's the case.