Question Might need new mobo/psu (need advice)

Jokazwild

Honorable
Oct 22, 2013
hey guys, i have basic knowledge when it comes too internal hardware. I have never changed a motherboard before but i have changed gpus, psus, ram, fans, hdds, sdds, the basic stuff. For the past 2 days my computer has randomly started crashing after playing modern warfare, but its a different kid of crash. First i notice my rgb flashing on and off on my keyboard and mouse, then the monitor shuts off, but the desktop still has power on and the rgb on my tower inside and out seems too be on.

So the question comes,
Do i need a new mobo or powersupply?
If so, i should clearly do a upgrade seeing as i would like too upgrade my cpu as well seeing as i been noticing it running around 100% when gaming recently. Here are my specs

Model: ASUS Gaming G11CD-DB52
I5 6400k @ 2.70Ghz
16GB Corsair ddr4
GTX 1070
1TB HDD
256 SSD

Jokazwild

Honorable
Oct 22, 2013
update: did a fresh install of windows, just restarted and it almost seemed as if my keyboard, mouse, and monitor were having a hard time (M/K were both flashing on and off). It has not crashed yet but I am still downloading drivers and updates too assure everything is updated when I do a stress test or run a game.

crippsy99

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2013
I had that issue last year..never did find a solution too it.
Ended up going back a model (from an ATI 580 to 570) and that seemed to stop the problems, but in the last month or so ive had about 3 occurrences of it happening again, so im starting to wonder again if its my psu giving out (its at least 8-9 years old)

Jokazwild

Honorable
Oct 22, 2013
I had that issue last year..never did find a solution too it.
Ended up going back a model (from an ATI 580 to 570) and that seemed to stop the problems, but in the last month or so ive had about 3 occurrences of it happening again, so im starting to wonder again if its my psu giving out (its at least 8-9 years old)
havent had any crash issues since i did the fresh install of windows. now im curious as too what i can do for upgrades with this mobo i have. I want too know the highest i5 i can install in my current mobo. g11cd should be the mobo i have. Also does any psu work as long as its 700+? i was looking at a 850 corsair.