Question Migrate Zimbra Mail to Office 365

Sep 23, 2019
I have Zimbra mailbox data and want to migrate Zimbra Mail to Office 365, because I have joined new company. so I found a link [link removed] software look like scam that allow to migrate data to office 365, but it is paid.

Is there any free solution to migrate mailbox, contacts and calendar data?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
How are you accessing the account (IMAP, POP3)?

There may be nothing to migrate.

Also, you say you joined a new company, it is generally not permitted to take any e-mail from one employer's servers to another without a lot of special permissions. If Zimbra was being used to access your employer's e-mail you are going to have to secure their permission to take anything off of that server.

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
If you look in Zimbra under the account settings section, look at the servers (incoming, specifically - outgoing will always be an SMTP server) and see what it's name is and what port number is being used.

If the name starts with IMAP or has it in it anywhere, and the port number used is 993 you are almost certainly using IMAP access. If it's anything else, probably POP3.

You should be able to look up the settings for your service provider (if it's not a private server) to see what they say for both IMAP and POP access and compare that against what you have.

Again, though, if the mail is on a company server you're not likely to be permitted to take anything off of it.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS