[SOLVED] Migrating a PCIe-4 SSD to SATA or M.2

Dec 10, 2019
Is there any such cable/conector/add-on or hardware device that can convert a PCIe-4 drive to M.2 or SATA III?

I have an Intel 750 Series SSD that's not that old. I'm jut surprised that my new MSI motherboard has no connections for it.

See the image shown below.

Solution
What do you mean by "has no connections for it?

It just plugs into any x4, x8 or x16 PCIe slot. It doesn't require anything special or specific that any motherboard since many generations now would not have.

What is the exact model of your MSI motherboard?

And no, there is really no way to "convert" a PCIe drive to M.2 or SATA, although there are probably SATA to PCIe adapters. There are definitely M.2 and SATA TO PCIe, but PCIe to those form factors is probably both unlikely and undesirable in most situations.
What do you mean by "has no connections for it?

It just plugs into any x4, x8 or x16 PCIe slot. It doesn't require anything special or specific that any motherboard since many generations now would not have.

What is the exact model of your MSI motherboard?

And no, there is really no way to "convert" a PCIe drive to M.2 or SATA, although there are probably SATA to PCIe adapters. There are definitely M.2 and SATA TO PCIe, but PCIe to those form factors is probably both unlikely and undesirable in most situations.

Reactions: JustAnOverclocker
Solution
Dec 10, 2019
I am an idiot :)

All of my motherboards (well, the last 3 anyway) always had the PCIe-4 slot, so I thought the Intel SSDs were made specifically for that slot and no other. You are correct, of course. Thank you.