Migrating from one MoBo to another

Auptimus

Reputable
Apr 16, 2014
Hi guys,
I have a question. I have a PC that is becoming slower and slower because of Windows 10 updates. I was thinking of upgrading to a i3 or i5, but I don't want to reinstall the whole OS from the ground up, bacause I like the configuration and the setup I have right now. A friend of mine told me that I can backup/clone my OS without backing up the drivers. Is there a backup/clone prorgam that does backup/clone the whole OS without backing up the drivers? If yes, any names?

Thanks a lot for your help,
Auptimus
<Personal info removed by moderator>

Solution

Hello Can I know what spec you pc have because slow mostly caused by hard drive and If the pc not a oem and is a custom built with the originally having windows 10 installed not...

Pentium4User

Honorable
Jun 17, 2016

Hello Can I know what spec you pc have because slow mostly caused by hard drive and If the pc not a oem and is a custom built with the originally having windows 10 installed not from the free upgrade you done't need to clone the drive you just need to reactivate windows when you migrate it to a new board/system this applies to windows 10 8.1 and windows 7 ultimate.

Solution