Question Migrating from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jul 19, 2019
Finally biting the bullet and upgrading to Windows 10. First I needed a new motherboard. Got the Gigabyte z390 Aorus Pro and Intel i7 9700K CPU. Loaded into computer. Tried to start up on Windows 7 to do the migration, but keyboard and mouse won’t work. They worked in BIOS, but not when Windows loads. What to do? I just need to get in to do the upgrade to Windows 10. Can’t do the upgrade on the old motherboard (Asus P6X58-E.

Jul 19, 2019
So I was wrong...Windows 10 did not load to the SSD. It actually went on the new 2TB Western Digital HDD I put in. I tried formatting the SSD twice (quick format would not work, so I tried full format). Both times, the format operation reached 100% and then Windows reported The disk did not format successfully. Is this a warranty issue or am I missing something?

Jul 19, 2019
I was wrong about the SSD working. Windows 10 actually got loaded on the new Western Digital HDD, and that is now the C: drive. I still have no luck formatting the Corsair MP510 loaded in the m.2a slot of my Gigabyte z390 AOURUS. I even flashed the chipset firmware to see if that would help. It didn't. Half the time the drive is not even visibile in Disk Management. I think I'm going to stick with tried and true HDD.