[SOLVED] Migrating OS to new SSD

Oct 20, 2019
Oh God. I had SSD once, Sandisk. I followed a simple procedure on aomei partition assistant and I migrated my OS and had enough space for 1 or 2 games that I played. I think Division and something else.

That SSD died and I bought a Gigabyte one and oh boy, I tried aomei partition assistant and it had an error 11 and told me to do a bootable disk. I cant get my head around how to do this. It was so easy before

I just want my OS and one game at the time on my 120GB SSD. I usually play one game at a time like GTA5. Division, Creed games etc so size is not an issue for me.

Downloaded EaseUs or other software which claims to be free but all of them are BS with paid services.

I did this so easily with AOEMI before for free. Please help

Last edited by a moderator:
Will your existing installation with all apps and you r preferred game fit onto a 120 GB SSD? If yes, clone it there with Macrium Reflect...

If it won't fit (best to leave at least 20-30 GB of space available on a 120 GB SSD, IMO), then you are going to need to full/fresh install new to the new SSD, then install the game(s) you want...

You can't have your OS and 200 GB of assorted games and applications, but, selectively move 'just the OS and one game', leaving all the programs/program folders behind...(if that is what you were asking...hard to be sure)

Oct 20, 2019
Will your existing installation with all apps and you r preferred game fit onto a 120 GB SSD? If yes, clone it there with Macrium Reflect...

If it won't fit (best to leave at least 20-30 GB of space available on a 120 GB SSD, IMO), then you are going to need to full/fresh install new to the new SSD, then install the game(s) you want...

You can't have your OS and 200 GB of assorted games and applications, but, selectively move 'just the OS and one game', leaving all the programs/program folders behind...(if that is what you were asking...hard to be sure)
Yes it will fit. I am going through many older games like Division, Creed 3, Blag flag etc, even newer games were fitting on my old SSD with OS installed.

Oct 20, 2019
Can you show screenshot from Disk Management?

I am all done. All running, thanks to mdd1963 I did cloning and now working great. OS loads from it and I have Metro Last Light on it already. Heaps of space for many games that I will be playing single player one by one.

I do that. I play games one by one and not online. Just love missions/storylines

TRENDING THREADS