Migrating to SSD Issues and stuff

G

I bought a 250GB SSD and being new to everything, I thought that reinstalling the OS was as simple as plugging in the SSD, unplugging the HDD and reinstalling Windows with a USB Boot drive. I installed windows 10 on the SSD and I'm not sure why it let me considering I selected the "skip" option on the "enter product key" part. Anyways, after signing in with my windows account, it wouldn't recognize my HDD as being plugged in even though it was. I assume this is because my HDD still has windows installed but I have no clue. This is all new and confusing to me, I didn't want to back up my files to an external drive because I only had about 216ishGB on my HDD. I just wanted to put my HDD stuff on the SSD. I don't know why I now have windows 10 on my hdd with no product key and I don't know how to fix any of this other than continuing to use my HDD. I don't get this, please help.

G

Never mind, I messed around with the SATA cable and it started recognizing both. I guess the cable wasn't totally plugged in or it has an issue but it works now.