Milk splashed in laptop keys, help!?

OverSpilledMilk

Honorable
Sep 28, 2013
My Windows laptop has milk spilled on the keyboard. I shut it off, dried it as much as possible. Let it dry upside down overnight for at least eight hours. Now I got it to turn on, but then tried to do the 'WINDOWS MEMORY DIAGNOSTICS TEST" it detected no problems with the memory to 2 of 2 at 99% and got stuck at the screen (blue) and made beeping noises so I forced shut down the laptop. My laptop memory is not a problem, so what could be the problem? Please help and thanks in advance.

Solution
Milk is a tough one because of the residue left (similar to soda). I'm going to suggest taking the laptop to a professional for cleaning/repair.
Here's what is involved in cleaning/repairing your laptop, disassembly to remove and steam-clean the keyboard, inspection of areas under the keyboard (where milk might have reached) and cleaning that if necessary. From there, diagnostics can be performed.
I'm sorta thinking somehow milk may have reached the hard drive but without physically inspecting, I'm simply guessing here
Milk is a tough one because of the residue left (similar to soda). I'm going to suggest taking the laptop to a professional for cleaning/repair.
Here's what is involved in cleaning/repairing your laptop, disassembly to remove and steam-clean the keyboard, inspection of areas under the keyboard (where milk might have reached) and cleaning that if necessary. From there, diagnostics can be performed.
I'm sorta thinking somehow milk may have reached the hard drive but without physically inspecting, I'm simply guessing here

Solution

OverSpilledMilk

Honorable
Sep 28, 2013
Thanks for the quick reply! I'll see if someone can help repair/clean it. Do you know any place where that's reliable that can do that? This is my first time having problems with my laptop.

OverSpilledMilk

Honorable
Sep 28, 2013
I live in Las Vegas and yeah, I'm going to try the rice trick thanks for the tip! Also, I cleaned out under my keyboard and there's still milk on there, but I don't think it went into the mother board, because the milk only fell on the right side of my laptop. And my mother board is on the left. So I hope it's not fried. I'll let it sit for three days. I'm scared to turn it on to cause more damage to my laptop. My laptop doesn't have a warranty unfortunately. I bought it I think almost three years ago. I really hope it's not completely destroyed if it is then I'm out of luck because all my important college essays are only saved on there! :( So hopefully it will start running back again. The hard drive is dry don't think the milk got to it. If I do buy a new laptop can I just replace the new laptops hard drive with my current one? I am not an expert on laptops so I was just wondering if it works like that. Anyway thanks for all the help you guys did a lot! I'll update later on what goes on.

Here are three possibilities
http://www.outletpc.com/computer-repair-las-vegas.html
http://www.gurucrewlv.com/
http://www.ifixlasvegas.com/
I have not dealt with any of them personally but they have physical locations (as opposed to operating out of one's home) which is a 'plus' in my book. I will suggest contacting each (or even another if someone local recommends them) to get a feel of which you feel more comfortable using