Question Millisecond Lag Spikes

MtnTech

Reputable
Jul 29, 2015
I will start off with my PC specs.. Bought the pc from cyberpower in 2013 but ive upgraded just about everything besides the cpu/mobo on it since then.

• Intel Core i7-4820K 3.7GHz
  • 1TB SATA III 7200RPM HDD + 64GB SSD
  • EVGA geforce gtx 970
  • MSI x79A-GD45 plus motherboard
  • 16gb ram
  • dual monitor setup

basically my problem ive been encountering the past week or so is that no matter what game i play i get random freezes. These freezes happen in less than a second and never last longer than a second. They are very noticable in certain games and can become super annoying very quickly. Ive tried keeping my task manager open to see if anything jumps/falls rapidly during the freezes but havent noticed anything weird.

I also went in my cmd prompt and did a tracert on google and then pinged the first 4 hops . everything seemed fine with the pings so not sure what the issue could be.

Also would like to mention that my pc has blue screened twice this month(the only 2 times its ever happened) but im 99% sure ive figured out why, and thats because the cpu was getting too hot(around 85c when max is 80, theres no thermal paste on it at all anymore so i ordered some just waiting for it to get here to see if that helps at all) but during the tests for the lag spikes the cpu cores were around 70-75C, just looking for some insight or direction i can go in to test other things because im not sure what it could be at this point if its not the cpu

MtnTech

Reputable
Jul 29, 2015
put thermal paste on the cpu last night and the temps went down 15C but the lag problem is still occuring, not sure how to go about looking this up as i cant really find anything on google about these very very small "lag spikes"

TRENDING THREADS