Minecraft Goes Gold; is a Real, Finished Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolkat574

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2011
[citation][nom]JDW_SWB[/nom]Now, get working on that new Elder Scrolls game you announced.[/citation]

I just laughed so hard

G

seriously an whole convention for an indie game? kudos for majong, youve achieved something i never though would be possible, you Made minecraft a hit.

But... i seriously dont understand the logic/reasoning of a minecraft convention, to show adverts? what can they present as entertainment?

artiqe

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2011
[citation][nom]KAKconvention[/nom]seriously an whole convention for an indie game? kudos for majong, youve achieved something i never though would be possible, you Made minecraft a hit.But... i seriously dont understand the logic/reasoning of a minecraft convention, to show adverts? what can they present as entertainment?[/citation]

Dirt and Gold blocks!

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
congrats to notch, i dont care if he 'stole' the idea, who ever he stole it from couldnt bring it to life like he did. and i bought it during alpha so yay! free upgrades fo-evah

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]olaf[/nom]30$ for 80's graphics sounds like a good deal[/citation]
It's not entirely 80s graphics. It's blocky sure, but it's way more end 90s than 80s graphics. Oh and the game still has quite some system requirements. A minimum of 1GB memory for starters, and a fast dualcore cpu for server hosting. Hardly 80s style.
The game's design is simple. Sure. But simple ugly graphics didn't stop valve from getting tons of their cs and tf2 games sold, so why'd it stop mojang?

11796pcs

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
[citation][nom]neiroatopelcc[/nom]But simple ugly graphics didn't stop valve from getting tons of their cs and tf2 games sold, [/citation]
TF2 actually looks quite good maxed out. Also it's nice to see a indie developer doing well.

Granter

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011
[citation][nom]olaf[/nom]30$ for 80's graphics sounds like a good deal[/citation]
the fact that you say this proves that you are really dumb and dont what a good game is, do you complain about supermario aswell or?
[citation][nom]Horhe[/nom]I find $30 a bit too expensive for Minecraft.[/citation]
you could have bought the game in beta for half the price since over a 1 year back so the fact that anyone would complain about this is pretty funny. If you cant afford it, ye sucks to be you, there is a free alpha version that you can play.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]cronik93[/nom]This game is going to be GOTY.GoW3, UC3, BF3, and Skyrim have no chance.[/citation]

Skyrim will definetly get the game of the year title from someone. It's by far the best game launched this year. There are serveral games I wanted this year (fear 3, saints row 3, heroes 6 etc) but only one I knew I had to get - and that's skyrim. The game isn't suited for the adhd sort of person - for that type a shooter is a much better choice (and two high grade shooters were released recently), but for rpg fans there's little to complain about in that game (apart from the ui which is horrible).

I mean dragon age was great, starcraft 2 was decent as well. But now that skyrim's around, everything else is sort of a class below. Hell I haven't even logged into lol since I got that game. And every time I log onto steam I've got 3-4 friends playing skyrim and maybe one playing bf3, dead island or pvk ...

minecraft's good fun no doubt, but it doesn't have the lasting feel of an elder scrolls game.

ps. I agree - $30 is a bit too much for minecraft unless they've added a lot of stuff that ain't there in the current beta. I mean half the game is basicly plugins from bukkit atm. Without it you grow bored after one week.

jl0329

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
Saw some videos of Minecraft on tube. Probably the greatest sandbox game ever! I would enjoy it so much if I am still in school, but now, nah~ Gosh I wish this game was out 10 years ago!

halls

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
The amount of time my friends and I have sunk into Minecraft has been well worth the beta's asking price. We would have been hesitant at $30 but I would definitely argue I've already had more value from it than, say, Deus Ex: HR which I paid more for (if we consider time played, and time spent learning about the game world). The value of Minecraft when you're playing on your own hosted server is way up there.

NapoleonDK

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
Can't wait for the full version. Been stuck at the legit 1.8 release all because I have to host the damn server. XD Being God in your own little world, kicking/banning/messaging/changing daytime/rearranging houses...I love it, but with the final MC out and new features, my buddies are requesting a fresh map and starting over from scratch. Whoot!

G

I don't find 30 bucks too expensive at all, frankly. I have clocked more into this game than I have into almost any for my XBox or Wii, at a fraction of the price. Just buy the game, good grief…

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]dextermat[/nom]Wow I really enjoy all those pixel texture !!!! NOOOTTTTT![/citation]
Yeah, cause the brown, grey, another shade of brown, and muzzle-flash coloration of modern shooters is so much better.

Seriously though, minecraft has never been about the graphics, and if that's what's important to you, then this isn't the game for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.