j.j.jappiecraft

Reputable
Jan 24, 2019
My original build was a 3600 + 1070 and 16 GB of ram at 3000 mhz. I was experiencing some frame rate dips and just general low FPS in Minecraft (forge), often making the game unplayable, so I decided to upgrade assuming it was my lack of hardware that was causing lack of performance in the game. I upgraded all components, changing my CPU to a 3800x, my GPU to a 1080 ti, and adding 16 more GB of ram. However, even after making these changes, I still continue to face the same lag / FPS issues I did before. I have played the game without any of my mods (just forge) and the game still had the same frame drops, so I can conclude none of my modifications are affecting the FPS. I also have installed optifine and patcher, two FPS boosting mods. My Minecraft settings are also optimized to all increase FPS, and I play at 8 render distance (4 takes away from the game). I have 8 gb allocated, and have read that the game may get more fps at lower numbers, however I found that with my mods, I get slightly more fps with 8 gb allocated. While playing the game, my CPU sits at 18-26% utilization and my gpu consistently at 12% (This is surprising as both values are close to my idle utilization).

I have tried everything, including changing Nvidia control panel settings, but please leave any suggestings or solutions below. I am desperate. I am willing to test anything.
I am almost positive it is not my hardware anymore, as I used identical mods as familiar youtubers, with an almost identical system and the youtuber does not experience fps issues.

Dec 8, 2020
I'm facing the same issue but on Badlion, my specs are the r5 3600 and 3060Ti, is there any way to fix this _ block lines, switching to let the application decide doesn't help