Question Minecraft Launcher stays dark grey.

JooBoo

Prominent
Sep 5, 2019
My PC (Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series) has intel and Nvidia graphics and Mcafee antivirus and I installed Minecraft but when I open the launcher it’s dark grey, it turns white, and changes to dark grey, when I cursor in the window, the cursor changes in a way that looks like it’s the login screen but its dark grey. I have tried turning off Mcafee, updating the graphics drivers, I even let it sit for 2 days and no change.

Last edited:

JooBoo

Prominent
Sep 5, 2019
Uninstall and reinstall Minecraft.

Where did you get the app?

You may need to download it again.
I already tried reinstalling twice, and I got it from minecraft.net (The MSI File). I have also tried the EXE installer.
By the way I forgot to mention that I'm using Windows 10.

JooBoo

Prominent
Sep 5, 2019
Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, or even informational events that occur when the launcher fails to open.
No, it opens, it just stays grey but the cursor changes when I move it around inside the window, this told me that something was there, I just couldn't see it.

JooBoo

Prominent
Sep 5, 2019
Nothing in Reliability History, etc. ?

Look in Task Manager and Resource Monitor (just one at a time) - can you see anything related to Minecraft running?

First look before launching and then again after launching.
Minecraft launcher is running, and obviously the login screen is there, I just can't see anything in the window, its just dark gray.