[SOLVED] Minecraft low fps on good PC?

May 15, 2020
me and my friend both have identical pc's. We play minecraft and get an average of 200-400 fps. Our friend has a much lower spec pc yet he achieves 1000+ fps. He has a gtx 970 and r7 2700x, 8gb ram.

Our specs:
rtx 2060super
r7 3700x
32gb ram
everything installed on an ssd with much room to spare.

Solution
D
Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately I have tried your fix and it not work :( . I think it might be a bit more complex than just minecraft video settings. All my other games run as expected with an RTX 2060S except for Minecraft which is running way below expected. If you have any other ideas it would be greatly appreciated :)

Odd... completely delete the .minecraft folder in %appdata%, redownload the launcher, and download the game again. Then, download the latest Java version, and in the Minecraft launcher, right click on your version profile and make sure that the downloaded Java version is used instead of the one bundled with Minecraft:

ChhAyco.png

(your path should say "C:\Program...
D

Deleted member 2720853

If you are using the "Optifine" mod, make sure Smooth FPS is not turned on in Options -> Video Settings -> Performance. It smooths out the FPS and causes it to be lower. Also make sure your FPS limit is set to Unlimited.

I would also make sure both computers are using default video card control panel settings.

tommcpherson60

Commendable
Aug 19, 2017
If you are using the "Optifine" mod, make sure Smooth FPS is not turned on in Options -> Video Settings -> Performance. It smooths out the FPS and causes it to be lower. Also make sure your FPS limit is set to Unlimited.

I would also make sure both computers are using default video card control panel settings.

I have the same specs and this didnt work :(

May 15, 2020

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately I have tried your fix and it not work :( . I think it might be a bit more complex than just minecraft video settings. All my other games run as expected with an RTX 2060S except for Minecraft which is running way below expected. If you have any other ideas it would be greatly appreciated :)

D

Deleted member 2720853

Odd... completely delete the .minecraft folder in %appdata%, redownload the launcher, and download the game again. Then, download the latest Java version, and in the Minecraft launcher, right click on your version profile and make sure that the downloaded Java version is used instead of the one bundled with Minecraft:

ChhAyco.png

(your path should say "C:\Program Files\Java\jre-1.8.0_245\bin\javaw.exe" or something like that)

Also try to allocate 4 GB of RAM to it, or even 8 GB. If you don't already use Optifine, you should use it.

Next thing I would try is doing a clean boot of Windows and then trying to benchmark game performance, something in the background could be screwing up Minecraft's performance.

Solution