• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Minecraft low fps on good rig

Apr 22, 2020
Hi guys,

when playing minecraft I average around 50-100 FPS on 16 render distance. I feel like I should be getting way more FPS than that. I have an FX-8350 and a 1070 and I've seen people with the same processor getting over 200-350 FPS on average. I've updated my Java, newest drivers etc. Other games run just fine so my processor is not broken or something like that. The thing that bothers me most is that it goes from 100 FPS then to 50 FPS every other few seconds . Note that I don't even have any texture packs installed or any shaders. Installing optifine didn't help either. So what could the reason for this be? My 11 year old win7 laptop ran the game better than this PC...

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS