[SOLVED] Minecraft - low GPU usage low FPS ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morugs

BANNED
Mar 20, 2021
Before i start, im aware this is a known issue since years, doing my own research i couldnt find any working solutions.

I am playing minecraft since months with the same settings, using the SEUS renewed shader.
I have not made any changes to the minecraft settings neither to mc pc, windows, or bios.

Yesterday when i started minecraft (again - without making any changes) i noticed that my FPS are WAY lower than normally.
Normally meaning 70 - 165 FPS - Graphics settings are on "ULTRA/MAX" Geforce GTX 1080 Ti - high end pc
Now, 20 - 60 FPS

I have wiped and reinstalled minecraft aswell as java from scratch, no changes.
The power plan settings from windows, power saving is off and poweformance mode set to optimal usage.
Nvidia control panel is also set to optimal performance mode.

I even used Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) in save mode and reinstalled the newest nvidia gpu driver.

Inside the minecraft launcher i checked the advanced options: -Xmx2G and changed it to -Xmx4G,
(i think this settings is for RAM) i could not notice any changes from this. (having 32 GB dual)

In the registry i changed the java process that runs minecraft to high priority.

Vsync is ofcourse off, and dare you to ask if i use integrated graphics, no ofcourse not...

I have no clue why the GPU load is suddenly NOT reaching its limit anymore, i have made no changes.
My GPU has a temp limit of 84 C which it was normally ALWAYS at ANY TIME reaching while playing minecraft.
Now, its chilling around 60 - 78 C, no longer using its full potentiall: https://i.postimg.cc/t4WZyctk/gpu-temp-minecraft-java.png

With all this said, ill be really thankfull if someone here can truly help me out.

Last edited by a moderator:

popatim

Titan
I have not made any changes to the minecraft settings neither to mc pc, windows, or bios.

So you sure you haven't had windows auto-install the latest patches because there is one that causes gaming performance issues, you can find it in the newsfeed on tomshardware as well as many other sites. Off the top of my head it ended in 1330 (ie Kbxxxx1330 ) and they say uninstalling it usually resolves the issue but not in all cases.

Morugs

BANNED
Mar 20, 2021
So you sure you haven't had windows auto-install the latest patches because there is one that causes gaming performance issues, you can find it in the newsfeed on tomshardware as well as many other sites. Off the top of my head it ended in 1330 (ie Kbxxxx1330 ) and they say uninstalling it usually resolves the issue but not in all cases.

Windows installer and windows update service aswell as the update scheduler are all turned off on my system, i have downloaded all recent updates manually before i disabled all that, so you are saying it could be one of those updates, just opened the programs and features, when i klick on update history it shows "No updates have been installed" but that is untrue.

Thanks for helping.

May 6, 2021
Similar Problem here,
Ryzen 5 2600
32GB 2933 (got 8gb for minecraft)
Radeon 5700XT

half a year (before i got the 32 gb memory (but it also lacked performance with the old memory 16 2933)) it went smoothly,
now i uninstalled minecraft and my gpu drivers, and ran it vanilly without resource pack (never used mods)
and still i get up to 80 fps but when i start moving it drops to 30-50...
! on a new world! on my old one which worked half a year ago with idk locked 120 fps i now only get 30-50

Morugs

BANNED
Mar 20, 2021

Morugs

BANNED
Mar 20, 2021
Similar Problem here,
Ryzen 5 2600
32GB 2933 (got 8gb for minecraft)
Radeon 5700XT

half a year (before i got the 32 gb memory (but it also lacked performance with the old memory 16 2933)) it went smoothly,
now i uninstalled minecraft and my gpu drivers, and ran it vanilly without resource pack (never used mods)
and still i get up to 80 fps but when i start moving it drops to 30-50...
! on a new world! on my old one which worked half a year ago with idk locked 120 fps i now only get 30-50

I fixed it, atleast in my case.

Completly uninstalled java and minecraft, then after reinstalling in the nvidia control panel removed the minecraft exe and instead picked javaw.exe, this process is the one running minecraft and once adding it to nvidia panel, the gpu is now using 99% power again.

Status
Not open for further replies.