Minecraft Now Sold at Retailers as a Prepaid Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

echondo

Honorable
May 29, 2012
Sorry, but for $26.95 it is so not worth it. The Xbox version is only 1600, that's $20 and they are already seeing updates that are making it equal to the PC version.

I know we could have pre-purchased it for much less but come on, it's Minecraft, hardly worth $25.

Now maybe if we can get a Linux launcher...

Novulux

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011
[citation][nom]echondo[/nom]Sorry, but for $26.95 it is so not worth it. The Xbox version is only 1600, that's $20 and they are already seeing updates that are making it equal to the PC version.I know we could have pre-purchased it for much less but come on, it's Minecraft, hardly worth $25.Now maybe if we can get a Linux launcher...[/citation]

Mods and custom maps make the PC version many times better.

Also there is a version for Linux available on the website, or are you referring to something else?

Minecraft is hardly worth $5.00 let alone $26.95! And after the dev's Windows 8 comments I would rather warez the game than every pay for. But then again the game is not even worth that so there would be no need for that ether.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
"I told them to stop trying to ruin the PC as an open platform."

muhahahahahahaha

lol when win 8 flops around like a fish out of water, they'll patch it with a start bar or release win 9 shortly after....

azz156

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2009
lol Markus is such a hypocrite, he has not problems selling minecraft on closed platforms like osx, ios, xbox live etc but when microsoft decides to add a app store to their os its apparently evil and will destroy everything.

Message sent from my Win 8 Notebook

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]echondo[/nom]Sorry, but for $26.95 it is so not worth it. The Xbox version is only 1600, that's $20 and they are already seeing updates that are making it equal to the PC version.I know we could have pre-purchased it for much less but come on, it's Minecraft, hardly worth $25.Now maybe if we can get a Linux launcher...[/citation]

The Xbox version is still many updates behind the PC version.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]azz156[/nom]lol Markus is such a hypocrite, he has not problems selling minecraft on closed platforms like osx, ios, xbox live etc but when microsoft decides to add a app store to their os its apparently evil and will destroy everything.Message sent from my Win 8 Notebook[/citation]

Awww, did a creeper blow up your dirt house?

[citation][nom]bryonhowley[/nom]Minecraft is hardly worth $5.00 let alone $26.95! And after the dev's Windows 8 comments I would rather warez the game than every pay for. But then again the game is not even worth that so there would be no need for that ether.[/citation]

I'd say it's worth it. 1 time pay, you can create just about anything, make your own story lines, if you can program you can make your own mod's to do different things such as making machines dig for you or making a whole new dimension such as space/moon.

To sum it up. If you like lego's, this game is like a virtual survival lego game. If you dont like such, then most likely you wont like minecraft.

??? there still several updates behind on the xbox to make it equal to the PC. No hunger bar = no ability to run. No creative mode. Not even a way to include mods as of yet.

As for playing on linux, Guess you didn't click the "Show all platforms" or else you would of seen "Minecraft for Linux / Other" :p

Copyrighted

Honorable
Oct 2, 2012
Mojang is screwing themselves over, the majority of people will buy a new computer with Windows 8, realize they can't play Minecraft, so they won't buy it and Mojang loses money.

azz156

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2009
[citation][nom]Kami3k[/nom]Awww, did a creeper blow up your dirt house?[/citation]

yes many times in game >.< but someone needs to blow up markuses house of lies

Status
Not open for further replies.