Minecraft on Intel HD 405 ?

Jul 12, 2018
Hi ppl !! My wife just bought a HP n3710 laptop and we wondered if she could play minecraft
on it ?
The laptop specs: Intel n3710 cpu quad core 1.6ghz/2.2ghz boost, intel hd 405 graphics,4GB ram, native screen resolution is 1366x768.
would it be playable ''+/- 30fps'' @ low/mid settings ?
I’ve always had proper GPUs so I have no clue about those intel HD chipsets capabilities lol

Thanks

Chris

Solution
Since my GPU died in 2016 (fingers crossed for Turing soon), I've played a lot of games with my i5 4670's integrated HD 4600, and Minecraft has by far been one of the easiest, even on 1080p with everything on max (except AA I think but that didn't matter). I even installed a texture pack that basically doubles the quality of the textures and it still ate the game for lunch. The only time I'd ever get frame drops below 60 was when a lot of stuff was on screen.

But, and here's the kicker, Minecraft is very CPU heavy. My iGPU is about 30% slower than yours according to userbenchmark, but my CPU is 261% faster.

Actually I looked it up and found a guy playing Minecraft on your CPU - he's using default settings and getting around 30...

MADVIU

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2014
I would say that it would generally be "playable" but at what standards I don't know. I have played on an Intel Atom from 2012 and it "worked" however, by most standards, it wasn't of quality. Yes, expect to drop visual settings by a significant amount.

Jul 12, 2018
Since my GPU died in 2016 (fingers crossed for Turing soon), I've played a lot of games with my i5 4670's integrated HD 4600, and Minecraft has by far been one of the easiest, even on 1080p with everything on max (except AA I think but that didn't matter). I even installed a texture pack that basically doubles the quality of the textures and it still ate the game for lunch. The only time I'd ever get frame drops below 60 was when a lot of stuff was on screen.

But, and here's the kicker, Minecraft is very CPU heavy. My iGPU is about 30% slower than yours according to userbenchmark, but my CPU is 261% faster.

Actually I looked it up and found a guy playing Minecraft on your CPU - he's using default settings and getting around 30. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgeXPVLOJWQ

You (or your wife) should be fine.

Solution