Question Minecraft only got 41 fps with an RTX 2080TI

Jul 22, 2020
Hey Guys just got Minecraft on my pc to play with some friends installed an shader and optifine and started my game but i noticed that i only got 40 fps wich is preaty weird with that graphiccard

Lutfij

Titan
Use DDU to uninstall the GPU drivers and reinstall your GPU drivers with the latest drivers manually downloaded from Nvidia's support site. Install the drivers in an elevated command, i.e Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

You might also want to check and see what version your motherboard BIOS is on at the moment. Latest version for your OS(assuming you're on Windows 10)?

Reactions: Bakanico
Jul 22, 2020
i´ll try all these and im using an
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3601 MHz,
and do have 16 g of ram without mods im around 100 but its still low for my gpu i guess

Jul 22, 2020
You might also want to check and see what version your motherboard BIOS is on at the moment. Latest version for your OS(assuming you're on Windows 10)?

how can i check it ? cause i dont really know wich mainboard i have i bought an complete pc 3 years ago and just bought the gpu new

Download CPUz here
On the mainboard tab it will tell you the BIOS version and the mobo brand/model. The mobo brand/model is also written on the mobo if you take the side panel off your case. It's generally located right above (or below) the x16 slot that the GPU sits in.

Once you know the mobo brand/model you can navigate to the manufacturers website to view available BIOS versions for your specific board.

I would agree that 100fps with no mods isn't on par for a 2080Ti, but those two mods better be pretty awesome to tank your FPS by 60%.

Are you running Minecraft with ray tracing on?

Last edited:
Reactions: Bakanico
Jul 22, 2020
Download CPUz here
On the mainboard tab it will tell you the BIOS version and the mobo brand/model. The mobo brand/model is also written on the mobo if you take the side panel off your case. It's generally located right above (or below) the x16 slot that the GPU sits in.

Once you know the mobo brand/model you can navigate to the manufacturers website to view available BIOS versions for your specific board.

I would agree that 100fps with no mods isn't on par for a 2080Ti, but those two mods better be pretty awesome to tank your FPS by 60%.

Are you running Minecraft with ray tracing on?
the mods are not really that good just makes the game look better but ive seen videos people use the same mod with a gtx 1080 and got like 120 fps
also i found the new bios driver but i downloaded it and got it as an winrar file how can i install now ?

Last edited:
The manufacturers website should include BIOS update instructions in/near the BIOS download page. Generally requires copying the BIOS file to a USB drive then following specific instructions during post to do the update. Alternatively, nowadays, most manufacturers will include a small program to perform the BIOS update while you're loaded in your OS. I generally prefer that method (as long as the machine is stable) since it's easier, but the pre-post BIOS update procedure is more reliable. If your PC crashes during a BIOS update, bad things can happen.