Status
Not open for further replies.

Pappagaming

Distinguished
BANNED
May 7, 2016
Hi, this is Isaac, I'm having issues with installing optifine, (Minecraft java edition is already installed). I Installed WinRAR, and Java because to install optifine you need to have java. So I downloaded optifine, and it was in a RAR file when it should have been a java/.jar file.
So I right-clicked on the optifine RAR file and clicked open with JAVA, and get this error

Java Installation Not Completed
Unable to install Java
There are errors in the following switches:
"C:/Users/isaac/OneDrive/Desktop/Optifine_1.16.4_HD_U_G5
(1).jar",.
Check that the commands are valid and try again.

I don't understand why this is happening now, this has never been an issue for me until now. I'd really appreciate some help with this, it would mean the world to me if someone could help me fix this error because I love playing Minecraft with shaders!

Hi, this is Isaac, I'm having issues with installing optifine, (Minecraft java edition is already installed). I Installed WinRAR, and Java because to install optifine you need to have java. So I downloaded optifine, and it was in a RAR file when it should have been a java/.jar file.
So I right-clicked on the optifine RAR file and clicked open with JAVA, and get this error

Java Installation Not Completed
Unable to install Java
There are errors in the following switches:
"C:/Users/isaac/OneDrive/Desktop/Optifine_1.16.4_HD_U_G5
(1).jar",.
Check that the commands are valid and try again.

I don't understand why this is happening now, this has never been an issue for me until now. I'd really appreciate some help with this, it would mean the world to me if someone could help me fix this error because I love playing Minecraft with shaders!

You are just a bit confused about the RAR file. A RAR is a compressed file you need to extract, like a .zip file you may know about. Extract the RAR file first into a folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.